Cricketers mark momentous season
Hales Cricket refelceted on a momentous season on and off the field at the annual presentation dinner at the Chedgrave White Horse.The first team won the Lovewell Blake Norfolk Alliance Division Three at the first attempt, with Steve Rowe's young side losing only one game.
Hales Cricket refelceted on a momentous season on and off the field at the annual presentation dinner at the Chedgrave White Horse.
The first team won the Lovewell Blake Norfolk Alliance Division Three at the first attempt, with Steve Rowe's young side losing only one game.
Off the field the new ground has phase one almost complete. Thanks to a £50,000 grant from the Norfolk Youth fund, and support from club president Sir Nicholas Bacon, the 7.5 acre site is taking shape. The square has been laid and will be ready for the 2010 season.
The club, through its Chance 2 Shine Coaching programme, has secured an £8,000 artificial strip with the ground levelled and ready for the outfield to be seeded within the next week or so.
You may also want to watch:
The modules will be connected with water and electricity and a grand opening is planned for Sir Nicholas Bacon's President's game on August 30.
Award winners are pictured above with club chairman Pete Dye, who thanked former chairman David Pearce, who presented awards and Simon and Karen and team at the white Horse, for an excellent meal and hospitality.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 4 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
Awards: 1st team batsman, Dave Harmer; 1st team bowler, Rob Andersen; 1st team player, Matt Lovick; Highest individual score, Dan Andersen (124); best bowling Graham Squire (6 for 8); Captain's Cup, Mark Ramsdale; Fielder of the Year Chris Andersen; Players' Player, Chris Andersen; Man of Matches, Dave Harmer/Matt Lovick.
A Team Player, Todd Jones; A Team Man of Matches, Todd Jones; A Team Batsman, Damien Loines; A Team Bowler, Ben Etteridge; Sunday Player, Dan Andersen; Sunday Young Player Aaron Beaumaunt; Young Player of Season, Rob Andersen; Clubman of Year, Carole & Steve Claxton.
The club chairman presented Carole Claxton with a bouquet in recognition of the excellent job she has done as treasurer. Club scorer Roger Chubbock was thanked for being marked as one of the best scorers in the league.