Cup battles in spotlight
Notley’s Lowestoft & District Football League round-up
The KO Cup quarter-finals were played last weekend. The stand-out tie paired the top two in the first division Oxford Arms and Waveney Reserves and a tight affair ensued with title favourites Oxford netting a stoppage-time winner to progress 3-2.
DK Consultants, who head the second division, knocked out in-form first division side Pot Black by a 6-2 margin.
Barsham defeated GT Yarmouth Town Hall 4-1 whilst Spexhall hard to work hard to beat Bungay A 2-1.
Onto league action and things got even better for Oxford as title challengers Hearts of Oak lost again, this time Pakefield Re-United the winners by a 2-1 scoreline.
You may also want to watch:
Norton are now in second after a fine 7-2 dismantling of in-form Blundeston Magpies. Andy Green helping himself to five goals.
Kirkley & Pakefield A inflicted another heavy defeat on Corton White Horse Seltic with a 9-1 success.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 6 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Election 2021: Suffolk PCC candidates outline priorities
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
With the top two in the second division in cup action it was Waveney Gunners who profited most as they got a 4-0 win over Crusaders. Hopton are up to fourth after their fine 3-1 win at Mutford & Wrentham.
Telecom Rovers slipped to a 3-0 reverse at a fast improving Earsham.
Beccles Caxton Reserves gained three valuable points at Ellingham who are firmly rooted at the bottom after Norton Reserves’ fine 2-1 win at Spexhall Reserves. Norton are still in danger but three wins in their last four games has given them a chance.
Mike Johnson KO Cup Quarter Finals: Barsham 4, Gt Yarmouth Town Hall 1; Bungay Town A 1, Spexhall 2; DK Consultants 6, Pot Black 2; Waveney Reserves 2, Oxford Arms 3.
Division One: Hearts of Oak 1, Pakefield Re-United 2; Kirkley & Pakefield 9, Corton White Horse Seltic 1; Norton Athletic 7, Blundeston Magpies 2.
Division Two: Earsham 3, Telecom Rovers 0; Ellingham 1, Beccles Caxton Reserves 4; Mutford & Wrentham 1, Hopton 3; Spexhall Reserves 1, Norton Athletic Reserves 2; Waveney A 0, Lowestoft International 0; Waveney Gunners 4, Crusaders 0.
Division Three: Carlton Rangers 3, Kirkley & Pakefield B 2; Corton White Horse Seltic Reserves 3, Westhall 1; FC Eastport 7, Blundeston Magpies Reserves 1; Lowestoft Albion 0, Mutford & Wrentham Reserves 19; Oxford Arms Reserves 2, Royal Oak 3; Southwold Town Reserves 3, Harleston Town Reserves 6.