Cup delight for Norton
Bungay Town Res 0, Norton Athletic 2IN the Bungay Charity Cup final at The Maltings Norton won the trophy for the first time since 1934 in manager Nigel Hudson's last game in charge after a successful five years at the helm.
Bungay Town Res 0, Norton Athletic 2
IN the Bungay Charity Cup final at The Maltings Norton won the trophy for the first time since 1934 in manager Nigel Hudson's last game in charge after a successful five years at the helm. He has won three out of the four trophies available.
Norton created openings in the first 10 minutes with Andy Green and Steve Rivett going close. Rivett withdrew after half an hour with a hamstring problem to be replaced by Danny Hoadley and shortly after Carl Cooper saw a half-chance flash wide, this was soon followed by Bungay hitting the bar from a free-kick .
The deadlock was broken when Harriman pounced on a mistake in the Bungay defence, rounded the last defender and coolly slotted home from an acute angle to give Norton a half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Norton shaded the second half and on 69 minutes Andy Green curled a delightful effort over the stranded keeper from 20-yards only to be adjudged offside. Norton did increase their lead three minutes later when Mikey Ball found Andy Green on the left wing, who played a one-two with Harriman before racing to the by-line and picking out Danny Hoadley who slid in from six-yards.
Bungay saw Rob Hills save well and had another effort cleared off the line by Nick Persich.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 7 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 10 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
Read Bros MoM: Mikey Ball. Line-up: R Hills, S Yarham, M Ball, A Boggis, N Persich, R Hudson, C Cooper (J Green), C Smith, S Rivett (D Hoadley), P Harriman, A Green, K Briers (NU).
The club's annual presentation night is on Saturday, May 30 at the Raveningham Barn. Tickets priced �10 are on sale now, admission on the door is �12.50.
Before that, the club goes on its fifth European tour this weekend when they travel to Gdasnk