Cup delight for Norton
Bungay Town Res 0, Norton Athletic 2IN the Bungay Charity Cup final at The Maltings Norton won the trophy for the first time since 1934 in manager Nigel Hudson's last game in charge after a successful five years at the helm.
Bungay Town Res 0, Norton Athletic 2
IN the Bungay Charity Cup final at The Maltings Norton won the trophy for the first time since 1934 in manager Nigel Hudson's last game in charge after a successful five years at the helm. He has won three out of the four trophies available.
Norton created openings in the first 10 minutes with Andy Green and Steve Rivett going close. Rivett withdrew after half an hour with a hamstring problem to be replaced by Danny Hoadley and shortly after Carl Cooper saw a half-chance flash wide, this was soon followed by Bungay hitting the bar from a free-kick .
The deadlock was broken when Harriman pounced on a mistake in the Bungay defence, rounded the last defender and coolly slotted home from an acute angle to give Norton a half-time lead.
You may also want to watch:
Norton shaded the second half and on 69 minutes Andy Green curled a delightful effort over the stranded keeper from 20-yards only to be adjudged offside. Norton did increase their lead three minutes later when Mikey Ball found Andy Green on the left wing, who played a one-two with Harriman before racing to the by-line and picking out Danny Hoadley who slid in from six-yards.
Bungay saw Rob Hills save well and had another effort cleared off the line by Nick Persich.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Town's post office to close within a month
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 10 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
Read Bros MoM: Mikey Ball. Line-up: R Hills, S Yarham, M Ball, A Boggis, N Persich, R Hudson, C Cooper (J Green), C Smith, S Rivett (D Hoadley), P Harriman, A Green, K Briers (NU).
The club's annual presentation night is on Saturday, May 30 at the Raveningham Barn. Tickets priced �10 are on sale now, admission on the door is �12.50.
Before that, the club goes on its fifth European tour this weekend when they travel to Gdasnk