Cup frustration for Halesworth
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1
ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
The wind caused both teams problems and although Town were by far the better footballing side, they had Hayes to thank for three top-drawer saves in the first half to ensure the scores remained level.
After the break Town pressure told and after some good work by McDonald, Keeble and Richardson the ball fell to Ling in the box and he coolly finished.
You may also want to watch:
Two things then happened that changed the game. Town took their foot of the gas and eased the pressure on Trimley, then an equaliser came from a player who looked well offside with the linesman flagging.
Town tried to re-assert themselves but as the momentum swung in Trimley's favour poor marking saw Trimley score a quick second, and eventual winning, goal.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 9 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 10 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
Town threw everything at the Trimley goal in the dying minutes, but the game finished 2-1 with both teams questioning decisions by the referee.
This week Town are back in league action as they entertain St Johns at Dairy Hill, Halesworth, kick-off 2pm.
The Reserves travel to Ipswich Rovers.