Cup frustration for Halesworth
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1
ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
The wind caused both teams problems and although Town were by far the better footballing side, they had Hayes to thank for three top-drawer saves in the first half to ensure the scores remained level.
After the break Town pressure told and after some good work by McDonald, Keeble and Richardson the ball fell to Ling in the box and he coolly finished.
Two things then happened that changed the game. Town took their foot of the gas and eased the pressure on Trimley, then an equaliser came from a player who looked well offside with the linesman flagging.
Town tried to re-assert themselves but as the momentum swung in Trimley's favour poor marking saw Trimley score a quick second, and eventual winning, goal.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 3 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 4 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 5 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 6 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 7 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 8 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
Town threw everything at the Trimley goal in the dying minutes, but the game finished 2-1 with both teams questioning decisions by the referee.
This week Town are back in league action as they entertain St Johns at Dairy Hill, Halesworth, kick-off 2pm.
The Reserves travel to Ipswich Rovers.