Cup frustration for Halesworth
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
Trimley Red Devils 2, Halesworth Town 1
ANOTHER away trip in the third round of the Suffolk Junior Cup third round saw Town visit the high-flying Trimley Red Devils.
The wind caused both teams problems and although Town were by far the better footballing side, they had Hayes to thank for three top-drawer saves in the first half to ensure the scores remained level.
After the break Town pressure told and after some good work by McDonald, Keeble and Richardson the ball fell to Ling in the box and he coolly finished.
You may also want to watch:
Two things then happened that changed the game. Town took their foot of the gas and eased the pressure on Trimley, then an equaliser came from a player who looked well offside with the linesman flagging.
Town tried to re-assert themselves but as the momentum swung in Trimley's favour poor marking saw Trimley score a quick second, and eventual winning, goal.
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
Town threw everything at the Trimley goal in the dying minutes, but the game finished 2-1 with both teams questioning decisions by the referee.
This week Town are back in league action as they entertain St Johns at Dairy Hill, Halesworth, kick-off 2pm.
The Reserves travel to Ipswich Rovers.