World Cup fever ensures busy summer for tech installation business
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A technology company says England fans are yearning for the best possible viewing experience as Gareth Southgate’s men march on at the World Cup.
Customised, based in Loddon, specialise in technology installation and encourage their customers to embrace the latest smart devices in their homes.
Despite expecting World Cup fever to grip the nation, the business has faced an uphill struggle to keep up with the Three Lion’s surprise success.
“There’s always a rise in interest when a big summer sporting event comes around, especially football,” said Kris Gamble, Customised co-owner and director. “With the World Cup surge we simply can’t fit everyone in.
“Jobs are coming in from homes and businesses, with pubs and clubs looking to increase their audio quality and people at home trying to get the best out of their equipment. This is the first World Cup that’s been available to watch in 4K and our customers have been completely wowed by it.
You may also want to watch:
“England’s success has definitely had an impact on us. There’s been a real feelgood vibe among customers and we’ve had deadlines brought forward because people didn’t expect England to get this far!”
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?