Cycle club names life members
THE Godric CC have honoured two off its senior members with life membership for around 50 years of hard work and dedication to the club to join a small band of six life members.
THE Godric CC have honoured two off its senior members with life memberships for around 50 years of hard work and dedication to the club. They join a small band of six life members.
On Sunday morning the club ride went out to Goodies near Long Stratton for coffee and cake, where 14 members and friends met up to celebrate with John Pugh on his 70th birthday.
It was at the get-together that Margaret Sheppard and John Pugh were surprised to hear that the club had agreed to give them life membership.
Margaret and John will receive their framed life membership certificate at the club's 2009 annual dinner in February.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, the Godric club held the first of its season's club events, a 25 mile TT on the Earsham by-pass.
On a very windy day Nick Esser of VC Baracchi was best on the day in a time of one hour one minute 50 seconds, second was Mark Ready (Diss& Dist CC) in 1-04:21. Godric CC super vet Jim Caplin was pleased with his time of 1-11:53.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
In the Plamesgate CC 10 mile TT near Woodbridge on Saturday, Pat Ellis from Woodton riding for Diss & Dist CC was ninth in a time off 24:56.
The Godric CC first evening 10 mile TT will be on Tuesday, April 8 on the Earsham by-pass, start 6.45pm sharp.
For more information Ring Mark on 01986893041.