Dan's the man with fine ton
Dan Andersen showed his class as he scored a whirlwind maiden century for Hales.But once again Hales were faced with a frustrating and familiar ending to their game as Norwich and Coltishall held out in an uneventful second innings.
Dan Andersen showed his class as he scored a whirlwind maiden century for Hales.
But once again Hales were faced with a frustrating and familiar ending to their game as Norwich and Coltishall held out in an uneventful second innings. Hales cashed in against a ragged N&C attack to compile a mammoth 333-run first innings total.
The top order was firing well and everyone contributed with some aggressive stroke play.
Andersen belted an incredible 123 runs, which included 12 fours and seven sixes as boundaries contributed to 90 of his total. Andersen was in a dominant mood as he got his innings under way with 18 off the first over he faced and he just carried on smashing the bowlers all around the park.
You may also want to watch:
John Vale also weighed in with his maiden first team half-century as he scored 50 not out which included some towering sixes of his own as he and Lovick (32) pushed Hales towards their mammoth total. Eventually Rowe declared the innings on 44 overs, allowing Hales an extra two overs to try and bowl out N&C.
In reply, N&C made absolutely no effort to achieve the run rate and offered nothing more than defensive shots as they played for the losing draw. Rowe and Harmer tried to buy some wickets with some tempting spin, and although a breakthrough was made, the trend continued all the way through the 48-over innings.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more
Jones offered some sort of positive influence briefly until he was well worked over by R Andersen, having him caught behind. With this the game was completely lifeless and nothing else happened as N&C limped to 200-3 off 48 overs. R Andersen was by far the pick of the bowlers, as he steamed in tirelessly.
MoM: Dan Andersen.