Dolphins battle students
BECCLES Dolphins travelled to Colney Lane on Saturday to play a well-drilled and lively UEA side and lost 20-10.The students started strongly and Beccles found getting their hands on the ball in the early stages difficult.
BECCLES Dolphins travelled to Colney Lane on Saturday to play a well-drilled and lively UEA side and lost 20-10.
The students started strongly and Beccles found getting their hands on the ball in the early stages difficult. They kept UEA out until a good three-quarter move saw the full back score between the posts. They then added another try after some sloppy defending from the Dolphins.
After this score Beccles enjoyed a good period of play and with a strong run from Tris Holtzer, gained a penalty. O J Hadridge took a quick tap and squeezed over for a try.
Dolphins were now back in the game but, UEA had strength and pace and Beccles had to defend as their best, with Ben Veasey-Lark, Gavin Hewitt and veteran Huw Caine particularly effective. After a while though the pressure told and UEA scored a penalty and a try.
You may also want to watch:
Dolphins finished strong and deservingly scored the final try after good work from Rix, Bloomfield, Guntrip and Groves set up quick attacking ball for Puxley to nudge a kick through for Catchpole to score.
This was a good performance from the Dolphins. Hoffman showed that he has improved as a player from his first team run-outs and wingers Carpenter and Fenn are continually improving. The White Horse man-of-the-match was hooker Carl Townsend.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Health watchdog's concerns over 87-year-old's hospital discharge