Double win joy for Loddon
LODDON Hockey Club's second team picked themselves up after Simone Bull gave Thetford II the lead with a shot they thought was taken outside the circle to grind out a 3-1 win.
Loddon II 3, Thetford II 1
LODDON second team picked themselves up after Simone Bull gave Thetford II the lead with a shot they thought was taken outside the circle to grind out victory.
Hannah Jenness equalised with a follow-up shot and was unlucky not to get further reward. Toni Glover put them ahead with what is becoming a trademark solo run, and Rosie Bygrave sealed the win with a fine shot on the turned that squeezed inside the post.
Julie Glover was Loddon's Player of the Match for dominating the midfield and smothering the Thetford forwards who looked dangerous on the break.
You may also want to watch:
Loddon third team were delighted to score their second win of the season with a solo goal from Toni Glover against Lowestoft Railway II, whose young players'
free-flowing game was smothered by Loddon's tenacious defence.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
Charlotte Harvey and Becky Carver continue to improve each week and Laura Saxton made up a trio of determined young players who made telling tackles.
Aimee Etheridge, Victoria Hill and Belinda Rodgers covered every inch of the pitch as Loddon maintained a high tempo. Elin Griffiths, in only her second game in goal, played well to keep a clean sheet.