Double win joy for Loddon
LODDON Hockey Club's second team picked themselves up after Simone Bull gave Thetford II the lead with a shot they thought was taken outside the circle to grind out a 3-1 win.
Loddon II 3, Thetford II 1
LODDON second team picked themselves up after Simone Bull gave Thetford II the lead with a shot they thought was taken outside the circle to grind out victory.
Hannah Jenness equalised with a follow-up shot and was unlucky not to get further reward. Toni Glover put them ahead with what is becoming a trademark solo run, and Rosie Bygrave sealed the win with a fine shot on the turned that squeezed inside the post.
Julie Glover was Loddon's Player of the Match for dominating the midfield and smothering the Thetford forwards who looked dangerous on the break.
Loddon third team were delighted to score their second win of the season with a solo goal from Toni Glover against Lowestoft Railway II, whose young players'
free-flowing game was smothered by Loddon's tenacious defence.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 4 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 7 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 8 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 9 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 10 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
Charlotte Harvey and Becky Carver continue to improve each week and Laura Saxton made up a trio of determined young players who made telling tackles.
Aimee Etheridge, Victoria Hill and Belinda Rodgers covered every inch of the pitch as Loddon maintained a high tempo. Elin Griffiths, in only her second game in goal, played well to keep a clean sheet.