Double won on handicap
IN sunshine, Beccles Sailing Club Commodore Richard Deller presided over a large turnout of boats enjoying the gentle, warm southerly breeze. With the Waveney on the ebb, conditions certainly favoured the double-handers in the Winter Tankard.
IN sunshine, Beccles Sailing Club Commodore Richard Deller presided over a large turnout of boats enjoying the gentle, warm southerly breeze.
With the Waveney on the ebb, conditions certainly favoured the double-handers in the Winter Tankard. Although J Blankley crossed the line first twice in his Laser he had to settle for two second places as Glen and Lucie Curtis in their Enterprise Tarka IV followed him in a few seconds later to win both races on handicap, their first double this year.
In the Tann Trophy, the junior races saw the Topper crews in charge, and with the wind down to 10-12mph sailing was certainly less demanding compared to the previous Saturday's Force Six blows.
With Ollie Baylis and Milo Philips both taking firsts and seconds in the two races, a single point separated them overall at the halfway point in this six-week series.
You may also want to watch:
Beccles Amateur Sailing Club also enjoyed success the next day up at Hickling Broad as three Enterprises from the club embarked on the penultimate leg of the Woodcock Salver.
With thick sea mist delaying races in the morning, it was still a job to navigate the course once racing began. But that did not prevent Kevin Edwards and Rory Kelsey taking two firsts and a second in their Ent Minnie to win overall on the day.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives
Results. Winter Tankard (Race One): 1 G and L Curtis, 2 J Blankley, 3 M and C Langston. Winter Tankard (Race Two): 1 G and L Curtis, 2 J Blankley, 3 M and C Langston. Tann Trophy (Race One): 1 O Baylis, 2 M Philips, 3 H Shipley. Tann Trophy (Race Two): 1 M Philips, 2 O Baylis, 3 L Bunter.