Duo return with hat-trick
Bright sunshine and a good breeze greeted sailors at Buckenham Sailing Club on Sunday morning.
Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell, who had been away for a few weeks, came storming back and won all three races in their RS Vision, Natterjack.
There were retirements and capsizes in the first race and one sailor suffered the indignity of being towed back semi-submerged as he had forgotten to check his bungs!
It was a day for changing crews, as club members swapped boats, except for Natterjack. Griffin, a Leader, was sailed into second place by Jim Frost, crewed by Crispin Lambert in race two and into third place by owner Crispin in the third race.
Stephen Riley finished third in Phantom Skylark in race two and was second in race three, helming RS Vision Saphira, crewed by Yvonne Frosdick.
You may also want to watch:
Next is the last of the summer series, and the club looks forward to welcoming sailors to their Open Winter Series, with racing for the prestigious Allcomers Tangier Trophy and class races on Sunday mornings from October 24 to Christmas.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found 'safe and well'
Race One, Club House Trophy (8): 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer/Sue Burrell), 2 Supernova (Phil Gooch), 3 Gwen (Sara Mackena/Carol Catchpole).
Race Two, Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Griffin (Jim Frost/Crispin Lambert), 3 Skylark (Stephen Riley).
Race Three, Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley/Yvonne Frosdick), 3 Griffin (Crispin Lambert/Carol Catchpole).