Duo return with hat-trick
Bright sunshine and a good breeze greeted sailors at Buckenham Sailing Club on Sunday morning.
Mike Spencer and Sue Burrell, who had been away for a few weeks, came storming back and won all three races in their RS Vision, Natterjack.
There were retirements and capsizes in the first race and one sailor suffered the indignity of being towed back semi-submerged as he had forgotten to check his bungs!
It was a day for changing crews, as club members swapped boats, except for Natterjack. Griffin, a Leader, was sailed into second place by Jim Frost, crewed by Crispin Lambert in race two and into third place by owner Crispin in the third race.
Stephen Riley finished third in Phantom Skylark in race two and was second in race three, helming RS Vision Saphira, crewed by Yvonne Frosdick.
You may also want to watch:
Next is the last of the summer series, and the club looks forward to welcoming sailors to their Open Winter Series, with racing for the prestigious Allcomers Tangier Trophy and class races on Sunday mornings from October 24 to Christmas.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?
Race One, Club House Trophy (8): 1 Natterjack (Mike Spencer/Sue Burrell), 2 Supernova (Phil Gooch), 3 Gwen (Sara Mackena/Carol Catchpole).
Race Two, Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Griffin (Jim Frost/Crispin Lambert), 3 Skylark (Stephen Riley).
Race Three, Allcomers: 1 Natterjack, 2 Saphira (Stephen Riley/Yvonne Frosdick), 3 Griffin (Crispin Lambert/Carol Catchpole).