Earsham maintain bright start with a comfortable victory
- Credit: Archant
Earsham continued their unbeaten start to life in Divison Three of the Anglian Combination with a comfortable 3-2 home win against Norwich CEYMS Reserves.
With a much-changed side to previous weeks due to unavailability, manager Shaun Flint set his side up in an unfamiliar 3-5-2 formation.
Sam Harmer opened the scoring after 25 minutes when he was on hand to knock the ball home two yards out after a Matt Goodfellow corner.
The lead was doubled on the hour mark when, after good play in the penalty area, Robbie Mitson was felled. Ryan McFadden stepped up to take the spot-kick and made no mistake to score his first goal for the club.
The win was sealed 10 minutes from time when Mitson scored a header from close range after substitute Flint’s cross.
You may also want to watch:
Earsham, who top the table after taking 10 points from a possible 12, host Swaffham Town Reserves in the league tomorrow (kick-off 2.30pm).
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 4 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 5 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 6 Family attractions back for big weekend after months of shutdown
- 7 Important milestone for hospital hub revamp as external works completed
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch