Earsham maintain bright start with a comfortable victory
- Credit: Archant
Earsham continued their unbeaten start to life in Divison Three of the Anglian Combination with a comfortable 3-2 home win against Norwich CEYMS Reserves.
With a much-changed side to previous weeks due to unavailability, manager Shaun Flint set his side up in an unfamiliar 3-5-2 formation.
Sam Harmer opened the scoring after 25 minutes when he was on hand to knock the ball home two yards out after a Matt Goodfellow corner.
The lead was doubled on the hour mark when, after good play in the penalty area, Robbie Mitson was felled. Ryan McFadden stepped up to take the spot-kick and made no mistake to score his first goal for the club.
The win was sealed 10 minutes from time when Mitson scored a header from close range after substitute Flint’s cross.
You may also want to watch:
Earsham, who top the table after taking 10 points from a possible 12, host Swaffham Town Reserves in the league tomorrow (kick-off 2.30pm).
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?