Eddie is a shooting star
The top two junior air pistol shooters from the region each brought back a medal from the 19th Junior International held at Bisley in early August. Eddie Graver from Worlingham and Imogen Sida-Page from Denton were two of only eight pistol shooters competing for England.
The top two junior air pistol shooters from the region each brought back a medal from the 19th Junior International held at Bisley in early August.
Eddie Graver from Worlingham and Imogen Sida-Page from Denton were two of only eight pistol shooters competing for England.
The Junior International had competitors from as far afield as South Africa.
Eddie won an individual bronze medal in the junior men air pistol grand prix on the first day of competition and Imogen won a silver medal as part of the junior ladies' team in air pistol on day three.
You may also want to watch:
They are now both in training for the British Pistol Championships this month and Eddie has recently won a place in the Great Britain Elite Cartridge Pistol Squad, which is another step nearer to competing for England and Great Britain in future Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
They both train at the Norwich City Target Club and also at Bisley with the rest of the national squad.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Hunt for man who deliberately drove Mercedes into cyclist
Eddie has been juggling a strict training programme with revising for and taking his GCSEs at the Sir John Leman High School, where he passed all 11 exams with eight grade As and three grade Bs.