Eddie is a shooting star
The top two junior air pistol shooters from the region each brought back a medal from the 19th Junior International held at Bisley in early August. Eddie Graver from Worlingham and Imogen Sida-Page from Denton were two of only eight pistol shooters competing for England.
The top two junior air pistol shooters from the region each brought back a medal from the 19th Junior International held at Bisley in early August.
Eddie Graver from Worlingham and Imogen Sida-Page from Denton were two of only eight pistol shooters competing for England.
The Junior International had competitors from as far afield as South Africa.
Eddie won an individual bronze medal in the junior men air pistol grand prix on the first day of competition and Imogen won a silver medal as part of the junior ladies' team in air pistol on day three.
They are now both in training for the British Pistol Championships this month and Eddie has recently won a place in the Great Britain Elite Cartridge Pistol Squad, which is another step nearer to competing for England and Great Britain in future Commonwealth and Olympic Games.
They both train at the Norwich City Target Club and also at Bisley with the rest of the national squad.
- 1 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 2 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 3 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 4 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 5 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
- 6 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 7 Appeal for more Suffolk blood donors to prevent stocks running low
- 8 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 9 Bosses of Worlingham Hall admit failing to comply with fire safety notice
- 10 Man freed from vehicle and taken to hospital following crash
Eddie has been juggling a strict training programme with revising for and taking his GCSEs at the Sir John Leman High School, where he passed all 11 exams with eight grade As and three grade Bs.