Ellis delight at grant
ACE swimmer Ellis Jackson, of St Felix School, Southwold, is being helped on her journey towards London 2012 thanks to a financial grant.Jackson has received a grant from Kellogg's through its Swim Active Fee Grants.
ACE swimmer Ellis Jackson, of St Felix School, Southwold, is being helped on her journey towards London 2012 thanks to a financial grant.
Jackson has received a grant from Kellogg's through its Swim Active Fee Grants.
She recevied the award for her performances at the ASA's National Age Group Championships, held in Sheffield in July.
Jackson came first in the BAGCAT points category for 13 year girls.
You may also want to watch:
BAGCAT points are used to calculate the best individual swimmer of the competition by rewarding swimmers who swim in many events and show all-round ability.
The aim is to encourage swimmers to focus on building a background of all events to increase their skills and experience.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
Jackson won four of her eight events in her age category, including the 200m backstroke, 200m butterfly, 200m and 400m individual medley.
She said: “I've won the BAGCAT for the past two years so to win again is great.
“It has an added bonus this year in that the BAGCAT winners receive a contribution from Kellogg's, which goes towards training fees. It's nice to be recognised like this for our performances.”
Bruce Learner, Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Kellogg's, said: “Kellogg's have been enthusiastic sponsors of swimming for over 10 years in the UK and we're delighted to support these talented youngsters as they develop and hopefully become the swimming stars of the future.”