Ex-Norwich City player takes charge at Bungay
- Credit: Archant
As Bungay Town’s preparations for the new season get under way in earnest, the club has announced that Simon Ratcliffe has been appointed as the new club coach.
The former Norwich City, Brentford and Gillingham player, who also had links with Manchester United, is a big addition to manager Tim Clarke’s team. Most recently Simon has been coaching at North Walsham Town.
Clarke is also delighted to welcome Aiden Lowe back to the club after a season at Beccles, and also the signing of Paul Franklin, who has come out of retirement, having previously played for Tim at Hempnall. Another new signing is Ryan McFadden from Poringland.
In addition, many of last season’s squad have already re-signed, including Dom Mirner, Ben Player, Tom Halliwell, Rob Howe, Nathan Causton, Dan Andrews, Shaun Whiteman, John Riches and Kevin Riches. Others are expected to follow in the coming weeks. Training continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm.
Pre-season friendlies start tomorrow with a home game against Anglian Combination Premier Division Long Stratton (2.30pm). This is followed by Hempnall at home on Thursday, July 24 at 7pm. They then visit Blofield United on Saturday, August 2 and entertain Loddon United on August 6.
You may also want to watch:
The first team pitch will be out of action for the season as work continues on a £50,000 improvement project. The old pitch has been taken up, raised and levelled, and re-seeded. All matches for 2014-15 season will be on the second pitch.
- 1 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Paramedics respond after woman suffers medical emergency
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
- 7 'Be vigilant' plea after rise in vehicle thefts
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers