Ex-Norwich City player takes charge at Bungay
- Credit: Archant
As Bungay Town’s preparations for the new season get under way in earnest, the club has announced that Simon Ratcliffe has been appointed as the new club coach.
The former Norwich City, Brentford and Gillingham player, who also had links with Manchester United, is a big addition to manager Tim Clarke’s team. Most recently Simon has been coaching at North Walsham Town.
Clarke is also delighted to welcome Aiden Lowe back to the club after a season at Beccles, and also the signing of Paul Franklin, who has come out of retirement, having previously played for Tim at Hempnall. Another new signing is Ryan McFadden from Poringland.
In addition, many of last season’s squad have already re-signed, including Dom Mirner, Ben Player, Tom Halliwell, Rob Howe, Nathan Causton, Dan Andrews, Shaun Whiteman, John Riches and Kevin Riches. Others are expected to follow in the coming weeks. Training continues on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7.30pm.
Pre-season friendlies start tomorrow with a home game against Anglian Combination Premier Division Long Stratton (2.30pm). This is followed by Hempnall at home on Thursday, July 24 at 7pm. They then visit Blofield United on Saturday, August 2 and entertain Loddon United on August 6.
You may also want to watch:
The first team pitch will be out of action for the season as work continues on a £50,000 improvement project. The old pitch has been taken up, raised and levelled, and re-seeded. All matches for 2014-15 season will be on the second pitch.
- 1 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 2 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 3 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 4 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 5 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 6 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight