Fab start for Halesworth
Halesworth 3, Stowupland 0FOR the second year running, Town began the new campaign against a side that came down from the senior league. This time however they were far more prepared for the opposition.
Halesworth 3, Stowupland 0
FOR the second year running, Town began the new campaign against a side that came down from the senior league. This time however they were far more prepared for the opposition.
Town started well and were moving the ball around effectively and soon enough Wilson cut inside the right full back and tried to pull the ball back into the path of Cockerill; the pass was slightly behind him however but it did signal an attacking intent.
Moments later a cross from the hard-working Roberts was tipped away by the keeper just before it found Cockerill's head, and when Ling crossed for Idle the keeper again tipped the ball away from him.
You may also want to watch:
Town's defence were in outstanding form and Williams in particular was making things look easy. It was from defence that a clipped through-ball found Naylor whose run into the box was ended by a crude tackle, which on another day would quite easily have given Town a certain spot-kick.
Town swiftly put that behind them and Cockerill's run into the box saw him net. It was all Town thereafter as chances came and went with Allen and Holmes being allowed to surge forward from defence to create openings and Idle's pace was causing problems for the Stowupland defence.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 ‘Taking a battering’: medical centre boss reveals public’s treatment of exhausted staff
- 3 Pub eyes ‘early spring’ reopening as community urged to invest in it
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Welcome to our new website
- 6 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Missing pregnant woman found
- 10 Appeal to trace owner after gold ring is found
In the second half it was no surprise when Town doubled their lead from a corner; Wilson delivered and Ling rose to flick the ball into the far corner.
Town should have scored more, but only added one other as Idle was brought down in the area and Naylor marked his debut with a comfortably dispatched penalty-kick.