Finals day at Becles Golf Club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Premier Garage Winter League finals were held at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday and Sunday.
A good field set out on Saturday in a brisk cold wind. Scores were average other than for the winner Nick Hope, who came in with 40 points. Thomas Hope was second and captain Christian Lever third, both with 37 points.
Only the five main qualifiers set out in pouring rain on Sunday morning. A strong wind also affected play. The winner on 36 points was Ron Walding beating David Neech on count back, with David Trunks third on 31points.
Tomorrow will see the Hembling Cup at the usual time.
The draw for the club singles and doubles championships has been moved to Saturday, April 11.
You may also want to watch:
The Wednesday Club starts on April 8.
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown