Finals day at Becles Golf Club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Premier Garage Winter League finals were held at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday and Sunday.
A good field set out on Saturday in a brisk cold wind. Scores were average other than for the winner Nick Hope, who came in with 40 points. Thomas Hope was second and captain Christian Lever third, both with 37 points.
Only the five main qualifiers set out in pouring rain on Sunday morning. A strong wind also affected play. The winner on 36 points was Ron Walding beating David Neech on count back, with David Trunks third on 31points.
Tomorrow will see the Hembling Cup at the usual time.
The draw for the club singles and doubles championships has been moved to Saturday, April 11.
You may also want to watch:
The Wednesday Club starts on April 8.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?