Finals day at Becles Golf Club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Premier Garage Winter League finals were held at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday and Sunday.
A good field set out on Saturday in a brisk cold wind. Scores were average other than for the winner Nick Hope, who came in with 40 points. Thomas Hope was second and captain Christian Lever third, both with 37 points.
Only the five main qualifiers set out in pouring rain on Sunday morning. A strong wind also affected play. The winner on 36 points was Ron Walding beating David Neech on count back, with David Trunks third on 31points.
Tomorrow will see the Hembling Cup at the usual time.
The draw for the club singles and doubles championships has been moved to Saturday, April 11.
You may also want to watch:
The Wednesday Club starts on April 8.
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 4 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 5 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 6 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 7 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 8 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 9 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 10 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles