Finals day at Becles Golf Club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Premier Garage Winter League finals were held at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday and Sunday.
A good field set out on Saturday in a brisk cold wind. Scores were average other than for the winner Nick Hope, who came in with 40 points. Thomas Hope was second and captain Christian Lever third, both with 37 points.
Only the five main qualifiers set out in pouring rain on Sunday morning. A strong wind also affected play. The winner on 36 points was Ron Walding beating David Neech on count back, with David Trunks third on 31points.
Tomorrow will see the Hembling Cup at the usual time.
The draw for the club singles and doubles championships has been moved to Saturday, April 11.
You may also want to watch:
The Wednesday Club starts on April 8.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Lack of information sharing 'could lead to more deaths' after 95-year-old attacked
- 3 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 4 Free parking for 30 minutes at 48 car parks
- 5 How Norfolk and Waveney MPs voted in coronavirus tiers vote
- 6 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 7 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 8 Actor lands New York big break after overcoming father's death
- 9 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 10 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town