First points delight for Bond
Beccles rider Matt Bond was left beaming at Donington Park after banking his first British Superbike Cup points of the season.The 22-year-old has experienced a frustrating start to life in the ViSK British Superbike Championship, failing to finish any of the first four races of the season at Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.
Beccles rider Matt Bond was left beaming at Donington Park after banking his first British Superbike Cup points of the season.
The 22-year-old has experienced a frustrating start to life in the ViSK British Superbike Championship, failing to finish any of the first four races of the season at Brands Hatch and Oulton Park.
The MIST Suzuki rider, who suffered a broken metatarsal at Brands, collected 11 points from race one and repeated the trick in race two to bank two fifth-place finishes in the Superbike Cup.
And Bond is relishing the chance to improve on his points tally at Thruxton Park this weekend after finally rediscovering his form.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been a good weekend, better than it has been I must admit,” said Bond. “I have got it together a bit more now. We didn't have the best qualifying - I got disqualified from it, but that was just my fault because I didn't get to the garage.
“But the first race went well and it is now nice to know what it feels like over a race distance and it is good to finish for a change. The season has pretty much just started now for us and it is definitely a new beginning - we have learnt a lot this weekend in qualifying and during the races.”
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 Land transformed with power company's pond restoration
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
Bond, who has spent the last three seasons in the European Superstock, admitted he has not had much luck at Donington in the past.
But after finally unveiling his 2009 British Superbike form Bond is licking his lips in anticipation of repeating his Donington Park heroics at Thruxton.
Bank Holiday Monday's 22-point haul leaves Bond in eighth position in the Mirror.co.uk Cup standings, 138 points off leader Gary Mason.
The next race is at Thruxton on Sunday - for updates head to uk.eurosport.yahoo.com