Five in a row for Topcroft
TOPCROFT Sunday made it five wins in a row with a comfortable 83 run home victory over Belton.After gaining his previous highest ever score of 42 in the reverse fixture batting at No 11, captain Neil Twyman promoted himself to open the batting.
TOPCROFT Sunday made it five wins in a row with a comfortable 83 run home victory over Belton.
After gaining his previous highest ever score of 42 in the reverse fixture batting at No 11, captain Neil Twyman promoted himself to open the batting. The decision worked, as Topcroft got off to a flyer, racing to 23 from two overs.
Twyman continued to play attacking shots and reached his maiden 50 with a boundary.
He was eventually bowled by the impressive R Ashling in the 17th over for 53 with Topcroft on 70-3.
The runs then started to dry up as the visitors came back into the game. They also claimed three further wickets before an unbroken eighth-wicket partnership of 70 in the last eight overs between David Reeder and Phil Du Plessis pushed the total to 179-7 from 40 overs.
Reeder finished on 42no and Du Plessis on 39no.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 4 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 7 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 8 Estate agent hosting auction for air ambulance appeal
- 9 Vandals smash lights in criminal damage at east Suffolk park
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
Topcroft's young bowling attack always had the visitors behind the run rate and took wickets at regular intervals.
Thirteen-year-olds Teddy Mattocks and Harry Taylor took 2-7 and 1-16 respectively, fourteen-year-old James Nobbs took 2-12 but the honours went to 15-year-old off spinner Ben Harris who claimed impressive figures of 4-18 from 8.5 overs.
This week Topcroft travel to league leaders Bradfield.