Former Canary joins Bungay Vets
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.
Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
The current Mildenhall Town manager teamed up with Mick Money, his assistant at the Ridgeons League outfit, and came within two minutes of helping his new side to a win, with the visitors grabbing a late equaliser to take the shine of his debut.
Manager Paul Whiting was disappointed to see his team pegged back - but was delighted with the contribution of Charlton, who spent most of the game on the left side of midfield.
You may also want to watch:
“We're in the Premier Division of the Norfolk and Suffolk League now, which is a decent standard, and Simon really enjoyed himself,” he said.
“He just loves playing the game and was happy to join us when Mick asked if he would be available. He had a really good game and it's just a shame we couldn't mark his debut with a win.”
- 1 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 2 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 3 'Leisure will be back' - Beccles reacts to PM roadmap announcement
- 4 Man in 70s airlifted to hospital following fall from bike
- 5 Dog food brand's delight at launch of new range of wet food treats
- 6 New lease of life for fire ravaged town centre store
- 7 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 8 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 9 Five-pronged plan for Suffolk Covid recovery to be published in June
- 10 Suffolk's Red Rooster music festival WILL go ahead over August Bank Holiday
Bungay's goals were scored by Money and Carl Chenery.
Meanwhile Bungay are holding a reunion for anyone connected with the club at the clubhouse on Saturday, November 7 (7.30pm). A buffet will be provided and the cost is �5. Contact Colleen Gower (01986 892916) for further details.