Former Canary joins Bungay Vets
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.
Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
The current Mildenhall Town manager teamed up with Mick Money, his assistant at the Ridgeons League outfit, and came within two minutes of helping his new side to a win, with the visitors grabbing a late equaliser to take the shine of his debut.
Manager Paul Whiting was disappointed to see his team pegged back - but was delighted with the contribution of Charlton, who spent most of the game on the left side of midfield.
You may also want to watch:
“We're in the Premier Division of the Norfolk and Suffolk League now, which is a decent standard, and Simon really enjoyed himself,” he said.
“He just loves playing the game and was happy to join us when Mick asked if he would be available. He had a really good game and it's just a shame we couldn't mark his debut with a win.”
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
Bungay's goals were scored by Money and Carl Chenery.
Meanwhile Bungay are holding a reunion for anyone connected with the club at the clubhouse on Saturday, November 7 (7.30pm). A buffet will be provided and the cost is �5. Contact Colleen Gower (01986 892916) for further details.