Former Canary joins Bungay Vets
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
Former Norwich City defender Simon Charlton has signed for Bungay Town Veterans.
Charlton, who turns 38 later this month, made his first appearance for the Black Dogs in Sunday's home clash with Woodbridge, which ended in a 2-2 draw.
The current Mildenhall Town manager teamed up with Mick Money, his assistant at the Ridgeons League outfit, and came within two minutes of helping his new side to a win, with the visitors grabbing a late equaliser to take the shine of his debut.
Manager Paul Whiting was disappointed to see his team pegged back - but was delighted with the contribution of Charlton, who spent most of the game on the left side of midfield.
“We're in the Premier Division of the Norfolk and Suffolk League now, which is a decent standard, and Simon really enjoyed himself,” he said.
“He just loves playing the game and was happy to join us when Mick asked if he would be available. He had a really good game and it's just a shame we couldn't mark his debut with a win.”
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 5 Celebration of food and drink gearing up for return this weekend
- 6 Chainsaws, drills and hedge trimmers stolen in farm burglary
- 7 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 8 Where jubilee parties are taking place in Waveney
- 9 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
Bungay's goals were scored by Money and Carl Chenery.
Meanwhile Bungay are holding a reunion for anyone connected with the club at the clubhouse on Saturday, November 7 (7.30pm). A buffet will be provided and the cost is �5. Contact Colleen Gower (01986 892916) for further details.