Four-wicket haul for Aldridge
Gillingham travelled to Great Witchingham and won by eight wickets in awful weather conditions.Smith made the breakthrough in the first over before Cockings claimed the first of his two wickets three overs later to leave Witchingham 6-2.
Gillingham travelled to Great Witchingham and won by eight wickets in awful weather conditions.
Smith made the breakthrough in the first over before Cockings claimed the first of his two wickets three overs later to leave Witchingham 6-2.
The introduction of Aldridge in the 15th over resulted in the key wicket of Foweather, lbw for 15.
Aldridge looked dangerous throughout in claiming three further wickets, the highlight being an excellent low catch by Ben Vickers at gully.
You may also want to watch:
Witchingham used all 45 overs in making a total of 98-8, Rogers occupying the crease well for a patient 22.
Gillingham's openers Patrick and Stevens looked to adjust to the difficult batting conditions. Patrick's dismissal in the third over brought Aldridge to the crease, getting off the mark in style with two boundaries in his first over.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 7 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Stevens looked well-set to bat through the innings as the pair added 35 runs before Aldridge was caught in the deep with the score at 37-2. Hoare joined Stevens and immediately took the attack to Witchingham, scoring a rapid 48 not out to see Gillingham home.
Great Witchingham: M Foweather lbw Aldridge 15, J McCann b Smith 0, R Groves b Cockings 1, D Chipperfield b Cockings 13, W Rogers c Britton b Patrick 22, T Groves b Aldridge 0, T Cushion c Vickers b Aldridge 1, J Smith b J Aldridge 7, H Debenham not out 20, T Fisher not out 1; extras 18. Total (8 wkts) 98. Bowling: M Smith 7-1-17-1, J Cockings 10-2-25-2, J Aldridge 9-1-15-4, L Smith 8-4-7-0, A Stevens 5-2-15-0, B Vickers 4-0-14-0, B Patrick 2-1-1-1.
Gillingham: B Patrick lbw McCann 0, A Stevens not out 28, J Aldridge c Groves b Fairweather 18, T Hoare not out 48; extras 5. Total (2 wkts) 99. Bowling: J McCann 5-1-21-1, T Cushion 6-3-5-0, T Fisher 4-1-28-0, M Foweather 5-1-25-1, W Rogers 2.1-0-16-0.