Frustrating away day for Beccles Town
- Credit: Archant
Hindringham 1 Beccles Town 1
Beccles travelled to Hindringham on Saturday but endured a frustrating afternoon.
Beccles were without Jason Clarke and Harley Pluck up front, so brought in Ant Martin to start alongside Joe Clark. The visitors also welcomed back Matt Fiske and Dave Shade, as well as Kieran Bale who was in the first team squad for the first time this season.
The first half was a fairly even contest, Beccles had a number of chances, falling to Clark and Martin, but they failed to break the deadlock, with Hindringham causing problems on the counter-attack.
In the 39th minute, Joe Clark put Beccles ahead following some neat play in midfield from Udell and Bailey creating the chance for Clark to calmly slot home from just inside the penalty area. It was his sixth goal in seven appearances since his return to the club in September.
You may also want to watch:
However, on the stroke of half-time, a Hindringham corner was cleared to Liam Channell who volleyed the ball sweetly into the top corner to make the score 1-1 at the break.
The second half was again very close, with both sides looking to win the match, but neither side taking advantage of the chances that fell to them.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
Joe Clark had another decent opportunity, but was unable to convert, drawing a good save from the Hindringham goalkeeper.
At the other end, Luke Pearce continued to impress and made a number of important tackles towards the end to keep the score at 1-1 as the game became more stretched.
Beccles:Cable, Mutimer, Pearce, Fiske, Booker, Hurren, Udell, Milton, Bailey, Clark, Martin. Subs: Shade, Bale, Barnard.
Beccles travel to Anglian Combination Premier Division side Acle United tomorrow for the next round of the Mummery Cup, kick-off at 1.30pm.