Funding boost for Beccles Triathlon Club
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Triathlon Club is celebrating after receiving a £300 donation from the MARS Milk Play Fund.
The club was formed in August last year and now has almost 50 members, aiming to be low-cost, fun and encouraging to everyone, from those who never exercise to those who want to represent GB.
Kate Bryson, club coach, said: “This donation from the MARS Milk Play Fund couldn’t have come at a better time. The prize money will enable us to keep hiring our indoor pool over the winter and allow us to publicise our club to every corner of the community and encourage more members to join us.”
The MARS Milk Play Fund was set up to help individuals, clubs and groups to play more. The fund runs until the end of this month and has 10 £300 awards to donate each month. There is also a £1,000 award for the monthly People’s Choice award, where the public can vote for their favourite individual, club or team.
The fund is also giving away £1,000 of experience day vouchers and 10 runners-up prizes of the latest gadgets every month.
You may also want to watch:
More information and applications can be found at www.marsmilk.com
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 9 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 10 Do you have rare East Anglian apples growing in your garden?