Gearing up for big race
THE 11th Adnams Great East Run, staged by the Bungay Black Dog club, is just over a month away.This time it offers a 10k option as well as the 20k race on Sunday, February 21 starting at the Bungay High School Sports Centre, and the organisers are anticipating another big field of hunreds of runners.
THE 11th Adnams Great East Run, staged by the Bungay Black Dog club, is just over a month away.
This time it offers a 10k option as well as the 20k race on Sunday, February 21 starting at the Bungay High School Sports Centre, and the organisers are anticipating another big field of hunreds of runners.
Entries are already coming in and, with new sponsors this year - Adnam's Brewery at Southwold - all looks set fair for another good race around the picturesque single-lap course through rural villages around Bungay and The Saints.
Race committee chairman Roly Shaw welcomed Adnams involvement for the 1010 event following Elgood Brewery's sponsorship in recent years. He promised that the standard of organisation would be of the high quality runners had come to expect from the Black Dogs, both in the Adnams Great East Run and the Bungay Black Dog Marathon which this year takes place on April 18.
You may also want to watch:
“This race is run at a time of the year when there are not many long distance races in the area, but there is a surge of interest in entering races with the London Marathon not far away,” he said. “The fundamental thing that we feel has made this race a success is the friendliness of the club and all helpers.”
Entry forms for both the 20k and 10k events are available at www.bungayblackdogrunninghamclub.co.uk
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 5 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 6 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 7 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 8 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 9 Woman's body found at Loddon home
- 10 New brewery restaurant opens for tapas nights, afternoon tea and more