Gnats well clear at top
Hales Gnats have a 10-point lead at the top of the Beccles and District Table Tennis League after three recent wins.
They beat bottom side Barnby and North Cove New Boys 10-0 thanks to Gordon Howes, Matt Howes and David Flatt winning all their matches, although Barnby’s Peter McMorran forced Matt Howes to a fifth leg. Gnats followed this up with a 9-1 win over Framingham Nutters. Nutters’ Phil Clarke beat Greg Collett and took Oly Howes to a fifth leg. Greg, James Skilleter and Oly Howes won all their other matches.
Gnats also beat Framingham Magpies 7-3. Gordon Howes and Matt Howes won all their matches, but all three Magpies players beat David Flatt, with two matches going to a fifth leg.
Hales Ants are in second place, with a fixture in hand, following a 10-0 win over Hales Eagles. Eagles’ Steve Webster forced a fifth leg against Mike Smith but Mike, Adrian Key and Ian Brown won all their matches.
Hales New Bees have completed their fixtures and are fourth after a 9-1 win over Magpies. Magpies can consider themselves slightly unfortunate in that only two matches were decided in straight legs.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies’ Doug Cheer beat Ryan Sampson in one of six four-leg matches, after losing the first leg 20-18. Ryan, Chris Trindall and Luke Glaysher won their remaining matches, although Luke was involved in five-leg matches against Doug Cheer and Barry Fortune.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published