Godric riders out on road
SUNDAY morning four Godric Cycling Club riders went out to the Anglia Velo 10-mile time trial on the A11 at Attleborough. Mike Hudspith did 22 minutes and 30 seconds for first place in the 46-51 age group, Martin Sida-Page 25:11, for a personal best 10 miles time, Adrian Perkin (trike) 25:51, Super vet Jim Caplin 26-29 his best this year.
SUNDAY morning four Godric Cycling Club riders went out to the Anglia Velo 10-mile time trial on the A11 at Attleborough.
Mike Hudspith did 22 minutes and 30 seconds for first place in the 46-51 age group, Martin Sida-Page 25:11, for a personal best 10 miles time, Adrian Perkin (trike) 25:51, Super vet Jim Caplin 26-29 his best this year.
The winner was Mark Arnold (API) 20:12, while Jim Burgess (Anglia Velo) from Worlingham was third in 20:43 from 79 riders.
In round 11 of the Godric CC 10-mile time trials series on the Earsham by-pass, on a warm but windy evening 26 riders took part.
You may also want to watch:
Best time on the night was Liam Gentry (VC Baracchi) 21:47, second Josh Hammond 23:19, third Will Bamber 23:48, both Street Life Cycles.
Godric times were Mark Elmy 24:37, Mike and Harriet Hudspith (tandem) 23:37, Gavin Summer 25:20, Paul Barwood 26:32, Martin Sida-Page 25:49, Jim Caplin 28-31 and John Wright 32:08.
- 1 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 2 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 3 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 4 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 7 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 8 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
In the Godric 10-mile two-up event on the Earsham by-pass, 20 riders took part.
Winners of the Godric two-up trophies were Jim Caplin and Mark Elmy 24:59, second Paul Barwood and Martin Sida-Page 25:36.
Best of the rest were Jim Burgess and Geoff Batman (Anglia Velo) 22:33, Tim Guy and Simon Millard 23:07, Andret Atthowe and Josh Hammond 23:18, Darren Evens and Rob Hemstrom 24:10 all from Street Life Cycles.
Paul Clarke and John Swanbury 24:33, Simon Scott and George Kerridge 24:39 both VC Baracchi, Andy Blackwell and Richard Smith (Norwich ABC) 25:16, Augie Thorp and Mark Farrow (VC Norwich) 25:52.
Ten riders took part in the solo event. Best was Will Bamber (Street Life Cycles) 24:42, Mark Ready (Diss CC) 24:50, Gavin Sumner Godric 25:22, Mark Carrol 26:35, Mike King 26:49 (both VC Baracchi), Ray Ross Comrades CC 26:58, Peter Laws (East Anglians CC) 29:23, Tony Benton (VC Baracchi) 30:20, John Vidler (Plomesgate CC) 30:37 and John Wright Godric 30:59.