Golden day for Tom
Saint Felix pupil Tom Collis has won the UK Kuk Sool Won Championships, held in Liverpool.Tom, 12, who is already the European champion in techniques and a first degree black belt, won gold in sparring and was awarded bronze in staff.
Saint Felix pupil Tom Collis has won the UK Kuk Sool Won Championships, held in Liverpool.
Tom, 12, who is already the European champion in techniques and a first degree black belt, won gold in sparring and was awarded bronze in staff.
“After seven years of hard work, two or three times a week, it's really great to achieve this,” said Tom. “I'm now looking forward to defending the title next year.
“I'm very proud, and very happy - it was such a long journey up to Liverpool that it was really nice to come back with the title. It was very hard, I was training for four to five hours per week.
You may also want to watch:
“I'd love to go to the Olympics - at the moment they have judo, boxing and karate. Kuk Sool encompasses all of these martial arts.
“The European Championships are the next competition, and that's held in King's Lynn at the end of May.”
- 1 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 2 Hazardous materials scare as 'suspicious package' found at delivery centre
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 Renowned 'craft brewery' snapped up by trio of beer lovers
- 6 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 7 'Everyone knew' Suffolk journalist David Lennard in the towns he covered during long career
- 8 'No people, no money': Alpaca farmer tells of latest struggles
- 9 Former pub and restaurant could become six-bed home
- 10 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown