Golden day for Tom
Saint Felix pupil Tom Collis has won the UK Kuk Sool Won Championships, held in Liverpool.Tom, 12, who is already the European champion in techniques and a first degree black belt, won gold in sparring and was awarded bronze in staff.
Saint Felix pupil Tom Collis has won the UK Kuk Sool Won Championships, held in Liverpool.
Tom, 12, who is already the European champion in techniques and a first degree black belt, won gold in sparring and was awarded bronze in staff.
“After seven years of hard work, two or three times a week, it's really great to achieve this,” said Tom. “I'm now looking forward to defending the title next year.
“I'm very proud, and very happy - it was such a long journey up to Liverpool that it was really nice to come back with the title. It was very hard, I was training for four to five hours per week.
You may also want to watch:
“I'd love to go to the Olympics - at the moment they have judo, boxing and karate. Kuk Sool encompasses all of these martial arts.
“The European Championships are the next competition, and that's held in King's Lynn at the end of May.”
- 1 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 2 Christmas in doubt as toy shop boss 'struggling with stock'
- 3 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
- 4 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 5 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 6 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 7 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise
- 8 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk