Golf captain names his charity
BUNGAY and Waveney Valley Golf Club have a new club captain.Len Bird began his captaincy when he hit his driver into a stiff northerly wind on the first hole.
BUNGAY and Waveney Valley Golf Club have a new club captain.
Len Bird began his captaincy when he hit his driver into a stiff northerly wind on the first hole. With guesses ranging from 30 to 250 yards the sweepstake was won by John Kent and Margaret Hoffman who correctly predicted that Len's drive would be 142 yards.
John Grant School at Caister will be the recipients of the sweepstake and is Len's charity for the year.
After his drive-in Len said: “I have chosen to support John Grant School at Caister because I know what excellent work they do to help children with learning difficulties. This is quite close to my heart as I have a nephew who suffers with autism who attends the school.
You may also want to watch:
“They need a minibus to provide for local transport needs and I am going to do my best to help toward the cost.”
- 1 Man found after going missing for 10 days
- 2 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 3 Woman's virtual head shave in memory of loved ones lost to cancer
- 4 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 5 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 6 Market town assault left victim 'quivering and shaking on the floor'
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached