Golfers blow away festive cobwebs
BOXING Day saw several members of Beccles Golf Club up early to blow away the cobwebs for a nine-hole stableford.A large field braved the cold to support ladies' captain Sam Cooper who gave up a lay-in to run the competition and feed the competitors after the event with hot chilli and bolognaise.
BOXING Day saw several members of Beccles Golf Club up early to blow away the cobwebs for a nine-hole stableford.
A large field braved the cold to support ladies' captain Sam Cooper who gave up a lay-in to run the competition and feed the competitors after the event with hot chilli and bolognaise.
Competition fees were waived for the day and those participating were asked to make a contribution to the lady captain's charity which raised £50 for her 2009 fund for the Air Ambulance and the Tom Fisher ASBAH fund.
In first place Pat Gill won the “packet of shortbread,” second-placed George Savill won “the tape measure” and the third place was worth a “Christmas cracker” to Jim Redpath.
You may also want to watch:
At the presentation Sam thanked green keeper Mick Jolley for cutting the greens over Christmas and for all his hard work throughout the year and sent best wishes to retiring club captain Alan Ereira for a speedy recovery from his recent stay in hospital and thanks for his hard work in his successful year as captain.
Saturday's planned yellow peril had to be reduced to a 9-hole stableford due to the heavy frost being slow to clear.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Tributes to much-loved mother who 'cared for everyone'
- 3 Former soldier jailed after pointing fake gun at ex-partner
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 5 More walk-in Covid vaccine appointments offered at town pharmacy
- 6 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 7 Latitude decision will be made by end of the week, boss says
- 8 Two-car crash on A12 causes delays
- 9 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 10 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
Rod Cooper mastered the conditions to win the final event of the year with Bob Janney second and Mike Garrood third.