Good fishing at Beccles
BETTER fishing news at Beccles and only just in time before the river season evaporates again with some lovely bags of fish being taken. Hot spots for roach dominated catches up to 30lb have come from between the bridges.
BETTER fishing news at Beccles and only just in time before the river season evaporates again with some lovely bags of fish being taken.
Hot spots for roach dominated catches up to 30lb have come from between the bridges.
Trevor Franklin, a Norwich angler from near Barford, used a weighty wire-stemmed stick float bearing 3AA plus, and fairly generous sized pieces of punched flake.
He took roach up to the pound. Not fishing too far out only the occasional pike harassment slowed the sport spasmodically.
You may also want to watch:
Big news on the lips of local anglers is a move to new premises for the highly successful Suffolk Angling Direct at Ellough Industrial Estate.
Hopefully by May the new location, within sight of Tesco's adequate parking, will be all completed. With a floor space that includes the most modern gallery facility to the main bottom floor there will be plenty of room to display the pole and specimen ranges. For those visiting the shop and wishing to see a preview of the exact location ask at the counter to see the new plan.
- 1 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Transport pilot launched to help isolated communities around Bungay
- 4 School to play key role in supporting pupils' mental health across country
- 5 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 6 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 7 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 8 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 9 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 10 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together