Good fishing at Beccles
BETTER fishing news at Beccles and only just in time before the river season evaporates again with some lovely bags of fish being taken. Hot spots for roach dominated catches up to 30lb have come from between the bridges.
BETTER fishing news at Beccles and only just in time before the river season evaporates again with some lovely bags of fish being taken.
Hot spots for roach dominated catches up to 30lb have come from between the bridges.
Trevor Franklin, a Norwich angler from near Barford, used a weighty wire-stemmed stick float bearing 3AA plus, and fairly generous sized pieces of punched flake.
He took roach up to the pound. Not fishing too far out only the occasional pike harassment slowed the sport spasmodically.
You may also want to watch:
Big news on the lips of local anglers is a move to new premises for the highly successful Suffolk Angling Direct at Ellough Industrial Estate.
Hopefully by May the new location, within sight of Tesco's adequate parking, will be all completed. With a floor space that includes the most modern gallery facility to the main bottom floor there will be plenty of room to display the pole and specimen ranges. For those visiting the shop and wishing to see a preview of the exact location ask at the counter to see the new plan.
- 1 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 4 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 5 Hunt continuing for man who drove at cyclist
- 6 'A long time coming' - gyms welcome people back for April 12 reopening
- 7 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 8 Crash between car and scooter on busy Norfolk road
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 'This is not okay!' - Anger at waste dumped on village field