Good scores at Beccles Golf Club
THE penultimate round of the winter four-ball better-ball took place at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday with frost causing a delayed start yet again.Scores were once again very good with half the field carding 40 stableford points or better.
THE penultimate round of the winter four-ball better-ball took place at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday with frost causing a delayed start yet again.
Scores were once again very good with half the field carding 40 stableford points or better.
The winning pair of Mike Webb and Mike Garrood played some very steady team golf to amass a total of 48 points which took them up to third place in the overall standings of the six-round event.
Syer B J Shulver and his partner Paul Segust were runners up with 45 points which retained their overall equal first place with David Wells and Del Collyer who,
You may also want to watch:
by coming third with 44 points, also retained their equal first place.
Rod Green and George Savill are also within striking distance of the
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 3 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 4 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 5 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 6 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
- 7 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 8 Temporary Post Office opens after town centre branch closes
- 9 New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- 10 Man snared by vigilante paedophile hunters avoids jail
Thanks were expressed to Sam and Willie for their input in the day's organisation.
The final leg will take place on Saturday, February 28.
Tomorrow, February 21. an 18-hole bogey competition will tee off at 8.15am (draw 8am).