Good scores at Beccles Golf Club
THE penultimate round of the winter four-ball better-ball took place at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday with frost causing a delayed start yet again.Scores were once again very good with half the field carding 40 stableford points or better.
THE penultimate round of the winter four-ball better-ball took place at Beccles Golf Club on Saturday with frost causing a delayed start yet again.
Scores were once again very good with half the field carding 40 stableford points or better.
The winning pair of Mike Webb and Mike Garrood played some very steady team golf to amass a total of 48 points which took them up to third place in the overall standings of the six-round event.
Syer B J Shulver and his partner Paul Segust were runners up with 45 points which retained their overall equal first place with David Wells and Del Collyer who,
You may also want to watch:
by coming third with 44 points, also retained their equal first place.
Rod Green and George Savill are also within striking distance of the
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
Thanks were expressed to Sam and Willie for their input in the day's organisation.
The final leg will take place on Saturday, February 28.
Tomorrow, February 21. an 18-hole bogey competition will tee off at 8.15am (draw 8am).