Good start fades for Bungay Sunday
DESPITE setting a total of 252, Bungay Sunday languished in the field, crashing to a four-wicket defeat to Hardingham in Peter Parfit Division Three. Bungay skipper Pawsey won the toss and elected to bat on a good track.
DESPITE setting a total of 252, Bungay Sunday languished in the field, crashing to a four-wicket defeat to Hardingham in Peter Parfit Division Three.
Bungay skipper Pawsey won the toss and elected to bat on a good track. Stand-in opener Tom York launched a ferocious attack and raced to a magnificent century in only 15 overs.
Several massive sixes flew high and long into the properties around the ground.
Well supported by Chang (13) and Fuller (36), York was finally controversially out lbw for 125 to the bowling of Hastings.
You may also want to watch:
Bungay continued to score fairly freely, but not at such a great rate as before York fell.
Contributions from Eldon and Frost and some hitting from Long left Bungay with what they thought was a winning total.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
Hardingham set about their chase scoring a consistent five runs an over.
This was Bungay's undoing as some poor fielding and misplaced bowling let the young batsmen capitalise.
Half-centuries from Rant and Perfect and some hitting from Howes won the game for Hardingham in the final over.
Although fielding only ten players, several of which were injured, this was a game Bungay should have not lost after setting such a commanding total.