Grant gives young Beccles footballers a boost
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town’s U8 team have kicked off the new season with new kit and equipment thanks to a little help from UK Power Networks.
The company has given the club a £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money following an application from Trowse-based planning engineer Mike Pritchard, who is the assistant coach.
Mike, whose son Daniel plays for the team, said: “The number of kids in the U8s increased to about 24 boys this year. Originally the team was geared up for two teams of eight players playing five-a-side, but now we have a third team but not enough kit to go round.
“We’re really grateful for the grant from UK Power Networks to buy the kit and we’ve also bought some extra training equipment such as balls, bibs, cones, first aid kit, for each team.”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of community and sports groups have benefited from grants since the scheme was set up.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place
- 5 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 6 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Tired but delighted - five businesses look back on first week reopen
- 10 Four men arrested after teenager robbed