Grant gives young Beccles footballers a boost
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town’s U8 team have kicked off the new season with new kit and equipment thanks to a little help from UK Power Networks.
The company has given the club a £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money following an application from Trowse-based planning engineer Mike Pritchard, who is the assistant coach.
Mike, whose son Daniel plays for the team, said: “The number of kids in the U8s increased to about 24 boys this year. Originally the team was geared up for two teams of eight players playing five-a-side, but now we have a third team but not enough kit to go round.
“We’re really grateful for the grant from UK Power Networks to buy the kit and we’ve also bought some extra training equipment such as balls, bibs, cones, first aid kit, for each team.”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of community and sports groups have benefited from grants since the scheme was set up.
- 1 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 2 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 3 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 4 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 9 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 10 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help