Grant gives young Beccles footballers a boost
- Credit: Archant
Beccles Town’s U8 team have kicked off the new season with new kit and equipment thanks to a little help from UK Power Networks.
The company has given the club a £250 grant as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
It donated the money following an application from Trowse-based planning engineer Mike Pritchard, who is the assistant coach.
Mike, whose son Daniel plays for the team, said: “The number of kids in the U8s increased to about 24 boys this year. Originally the team was geared up for two teams of eight players playing five-a-side, but now we have a third team but not enough kit to go round.
“We’re really grateful for the grant from UK Power Networks to buy the kit and we’ve also bought some extra training equipment such as balls, bibs, cones, first aid kit, for each team.”
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of community and sports groups have benefited from grants since the scheme was set up.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 7 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 10 Homelessness charity celebrating 10 years of transforming lives