Gulls see off the Eagles to stay top
Framingham Gull maintained their lead in the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Hales Eagles.
Rob Pennell won all three singles matches for the Gull, Anthony Hewkin won two matches, and then they both teamed up to win the doubles. Ben Webster won two matches for Eagles.
Hales Gnats are only one point off the top of the table after an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies.
Magpies put up stubborn resistance, with only one match not going to at least four legs. Gordon Howes and son Matt won all their singles matches.
Hales Ants, playing their first match of the season, beat Hales New Bees 8-2. Barney Garrod won two matches for New Bees, but Ian Brown won all of his singles matches for Ants, backed by two wins each for Phil Moore and Adrian Key.
You may also want to watch:
Framingham Nutters are in joint third place after an 8-2 win over Barnby and North Cove New Boys. Peter McMorran won two matches for Barnby. Phil Clarke won all three singles matches for Nutters and father and son Richard and Joe Herne won two matches each.
- 1 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 2 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 3 Manager's tears of happiness at hotel accolade
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Town's post office to close within a month
- 6 Theatre to end first socially-distanced season with award-winning duo
- 7 Care home bosses welcome proposed roll-out of rapid covid tests
- 8 Refurbishment of 'incredibly important structure' confirmed
- 9 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 10 Brewer Adnams donated £1.4 million to Suffolk good causes