Gulls see off the Eagles to stay top
Framingham Gull maintained their lead in the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Hales Eagles.
Rob Pennell won all three singles matches for the Gull, Anthony Hewkin won two matches, and then they both teamed up to win the doubles. Ben Webster won two matches for Eagles.
Hales Gnats are only one point off the top of the table after an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies.
Magpies put up stubborn resistance, with only one match not going to at least four legs. Gordon Howes and son Matt won all their singles matches.
Hales Ants, playing their first match of the season, beat Hales New Bees 8-2. Barney Garrod won two matches for New Bees, but Ian Brown won all of his singles matches for Ants, backed by two wins each for Phil Moore and Adrian Key.
You may also want to watch:
Framingham Nutters are in joint third place after an 8-2 win over Barnby and North Cove New Boys. Peter McMorran won two matches for Barnby. Phil Clarke won all three singles matches for Nutters and father and son Richard and Joe Herne won two matches each.
- 1 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 4 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 5 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 6 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 7 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 8 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 9 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 10 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay