Gulls see off the Eagles to stay top
Framingham Gull maintained their lead in the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Hales Eagles.
Rob Pennell won all three singles matches for the Gull, Anthony Hewkin won two matches, and then they both teamed up to win the doubles. Ben Webster won two matches for Eagles.
Hales Gnats are only one point off the top of the table after an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies.
Magpies put up stubborn resistance, with only one match not going to at least four legs. Gordon Howes and son Matt won all their singles matches.
Hales Ants, playing their first match of the season, beat Hales New Bees 8-2. Barney Garrod won two matches for New Bees, but Ian Brown won all of his singles matches for Ants, backed by two wins each for Phil Moore and Adrian Key.
You may also want to watch:
Framingham Nutters are in joint third place after an 8-2 win over Barnby and North Cove New Boys. Peter McMorran won two matches for Barnby. Phil Clarke won all three singles matches for Nutters and father and son Richard and Joe Herne won two matches each.
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 6 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 7 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital