Gulls see off the Eagles to stay top
Framingham Gull maintained their lead in the Beccles and District Table Tennis League with a 7-3 win over Hales Eagles.
Rob Pennell won all three singles matches for the Gull, Anthony Hewkin won two matches, and then they both teamed up to win the doubles. Ben Webster won two matches for Eagles.
Hales Gnats are only one point off the top of the table after an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies.
Magpies put up stubborn resistance, with only one match not going to at least four legs. Gordon Howes and son Matt won all their singles matches.
Hales Ants, playing their first match of the season, beat Hales New Bees 8-2. Barney Garrod won two matches for New Bees, but Ian Brown won all of his singles matches for Ants, backed by two wins each for Phil Moore and Adrian Key.
You may also want to watch:
Framingham Nutters are in joint third place after an 8-2 win over Barnby and North Cove New Boys. Peter McMorran won two matches for Barnby. Phil Clarke won all three singles matches for Nutters and father and son Richard and Joe Herne won two matches each.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Driver suffers minor injuries in crash with minibus
- 3 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 4 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 5 Teenage drink driver to appear in court after crash
- 6 Tools stolen in spate of van break-ins
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage