Hales bowlers shine in county games
LAST Sunday Bungay Bowls Club hosted the Suffolk County EBF Women's Area A finals. Winners from the day progressed through to the county semi-finals this Sunday at Yoxford.
LAST Sunday Bungay Bowls Club hosted the Suffolk County EBF Women's Area A finals.
Winners from the day progressed through to the county semi-finals this Sunday at Yoxford.
The Hales club will have the most representatives at the semi-finals with Joy Squire winning the two-wood singles and then teaming up with club-mates Sue Rochard and Mary Rayner to win both the two-wood and three-wood triples. Sue could have also reached a third county semi-final but lost the four-wood singles to Christine Daniels of Lowestoft Railway.
The 10 finals were organised by area secretary Mel Cole who was assisted by umpire Geoff Stevens and markers June White, Dot Woodhouse, Peter Smith and Kim Dyer.
You may also want to watch:
She thanked the host club for providing the green and excellent refreshments.
The county semi-final qualifiers are:
- 1 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 2 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 3 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 4 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 5 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 6 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 7 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 8 More than 100 people volunteer for health centre's 'amazing' vaccine rollout
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Car park's £500 price hike was 'callous', town council says
Under 25 Singles: G Marwood (Thurlton), Champion of Champions: A Stantiforth (Kessingland), Secretaries' Singles: P Gooch (Sole Bay), Four-Wood Singles: C Daniels (Lowestoft Railway), Two-Wood Singles: J Squire (Hales), Pairs: N Rutherford and B Taylor (Kessingland), Senior Singles: S Woodgate (Lowestoft Railway), Senior Pairs: D Saunders and M Wright (Beccles Conservatives), Two and Three-Wood Triples: M Rayner, S Rochard and Joy Squire.