Halesworth Town 1, Wickham Market 1AFTER their stirring win last time out there was a buzz about Town in the early stages.Sadly, that buzz lasted barely five minutes as after some early pressure both teams cancelled each other out somewhat.
Halesworth Town 1, Wickham Market 1
AFTER their stirring win last time out there was a buzz about Town in the early stages.
Sadly, that buzz lasted barely five minutes as after some early pressure both teams cancelled each other out somewhat.
That said, Town keeper Hayse pulled of a great one-handed save low to his left after about 25 minutes to keep the scores level.
Cockerill was finding it tough to get on the ball as the only front man and Town were continually closing themselves down by attacking through the middle.
It wasn't until the last 10 minutes of the half that they started to use the wider route and Wilson was unlucky twice not to score, hitting the post with one attempt.
- 1 Town start season with home win
- 2 Is size the secret of south Norfolk's 'up and coming' village?
- 3 Imaginations soar as popular sculpture trail returns
- 4 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 5 League of Friends of Hospital raise & invest staggering sum of money
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Roll-out of free Wi-Fi continues in east Suffolk
- 8 Britain's Got Talent star to perform at Bungay's Fisher Theatre
- 9 Obituary: 'Remarkable' musician remembered with publication of new book
- 10 Town's real ale pub launches new menu with 'something for everyone'
Boulton, on the right, was now getting more space but although his crosses went into the box there weren't enough players there to attack it.
In true Town style though they conceded just as they were beginning to get on top, when they were duly punished for poor marking when from a Wickham corner the ball was bundled home from close range.
Strong words at half time led to a response, but only after Hayse had pulled off a great double save from an early second half penalty kick, awarded to Wickham rather harshly for hand-ball.
With 25 minutes remaining on the clock Bayfield replaced Boulton, but only for Cockerill to limp off merely two minutes later! Waters was also introduced and the changes worked as Bayfield rose highest to head Town's equaliser from a Wilson corner.
Wickham looked jaded towards the end and although missing a very good chance to win the game themselves, they handed Town a penalty in the last minute, when Ling was fouled in the box after Bayfield had hit the post.
This time however a draw was on the cards as Ling saw his penalty saved low to the keeper's right.
Still, a good solid performance and a continued positive start to the season.
This week Town are away against local rivals Saxmundham whilst the Reserves entertain Cedars Park at Dairy Hill, Halesworth, kick off 2.30pm.