Halesworth share four goals
Halesworth 2, Stanton 2ALTHOUGH Town seem to be inconsistent in terms of overall performance they now seem to have the hang of being hard to beat. Their resolve was fully tested against a very strong Stanton side, which usually gets better with every week as the season goes on.
Halesworth 2, Stanton 2
ALTHOUGH Town seem to be inconsistent in terms of overall performance they now seem to have the hang of being hard to beat.
Their resolve was fully tested against a very strong Stanton side, which usually gets better with every week as the season goes on.
It was a lacklustre start from Town whose lethargy nearly cost them on more than one occasion in the first half and, had it not been for the inspired Jermy at centre-half, Town could well have been beaten before half-time.
You may also want to watch:
The work rate of Prendergast and Cockerill up front was again excellent, and with Idle getting forward too Town did at least carry a threat. But it was no surprise when Stanton went ahead, but thankfully it did seem to spark Town into life. A good interception by Holmes freed Richardson whose cross was met at the far post by Cockerill to level.
The scores stayed level until half-time and after the break Town had far more purpose.
- 1 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 2 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles
- 3 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 4 Creator of mystery Covehithe statue reveals where it went
- 5 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Quarry restoration to take six more years after delays
- 8 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 9 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 10 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
The back four now looked solid and were dealing with the constant long balls being played onto them and Town themselves were using the ball a lot better.
Jeffries intercepted a loose Stanton pass and fed Prendergast who cleverly turned and put Idle through on goal - one touch and bang, Town were ahead.
It was Holmes now tidying up any loose balls and getting the ball out wide. Crosses were coming into the box from Richardson, McDonald and Idle but the ball wasn't quite falling right. Oakes was again playing superbly in goal and things looked to be heading for a win for Town. Sadly, a free header secured a draw.
This week Town host to Bramford Road Old Boys.