Header seals Halesworth win
BT Trimley 2, Halesworth Town 3AFTER narrowly losing last week Halesworth Town needed some points on the board to affirm their belief that they should be playing at this level.
BT Trimley 2, Halesworth Town 3
AFTER narrowly losing last week Halesworth Town needed some points on the board to affirm their belief that they should be playing at this level.
Things looked good in the first five minutes as Town attacked Trimley down both flanks, spending most of the opening of the game in and around the Trimley 18-yard box.
Disaster then struck for Town who conceded a goal from a counter-attack, when a long ball was played over the defence and the striker fired home from an acute angle.
You may also want to watch:
Town heads seemed to drop and they struggled to get back into the game for the next 25 minutes, but pleasingly didn't concede again, which in previous seasons they may have done.
As the game approached half-time Town began to liven up, Bolton hitting the bar and only deflections saving the equaliser from shots by Waters, Ling and Jermy.
- 1 Homelessness charity set to reopen popular shop
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 5 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 8 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 9 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 10 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
As the referee was about to blow for half-time Pescod picked the ball up deep in the Town half, strode towards the half way line and played a great through ball to Wilson, who rounded the keeper smartly to level.
In the second half it was all Town and it seemed to be only a matter of time before they scored again. But then a lapse in concentration from keeper Hayse let Trimley take the lead once more.
Town then went gung-ho and this time it paid off.
Keeble, who was playing brilliantly since coming off the bench, supplied the cross which saw a Pritchard flick-on for Cockerel, also on as a second half substitute, to slide home.
It then got better for Town five minutes from time when Keeble again crossed from the right for Cockerel to grab the winner, this time with his head.
The half had also included Holmes hitting a smart half-volley against the post from 18 yards and Idle nearly finding the top corner from a Ling pass.
Other performances of note were Bayfield when he came on and debutant Pescod at centre-half, who had a great game.
This week Town are at home to Wickham Market, kick off 2.30pm, Dairy Hill, Halesworth.
The Reserves travel to Needham Market Vets.