Heavy defeat for Hales
Hales suffered a heavy loss against Swardeston at home as the visitors romped to a seven-wicket victory.Hales lost the toss and were asked to bat on an unusually green wicket at Postwick.
Hales suffered a heavy loss against Swardeston at home as the visitors romped to a seven-wicket victory.
Hales lost the toss and were asked to bat on an unusually green wicket at Postwick. With the ball moving through the air and off the pitch, the Swardeston attack made full use of the conditions as they toiled away, offering few scoring opportunities.
The Hales batting line-up crumbled, with only Chris Andersen (14) and Ramsdale (14) making double figures in the top order. A combination of good bowling and poor batting left Hales in deep trouble but Lovick (23) Cornish (12) and Rowe (18 not out) made a spirited attempt to repair the damage as Hales limped to 131 all out in the 39th over.
In reply Swardeston managed to do everything that the Hales team didn't, as they showed good levels of concentration and picked the runs off one by one. Foster (30) and Ebbage (38) posted 59 for the first wicket and made a solid start, until Foster was removed by Lovick, who was by far the pick of the bowlers as he claimed two wickets in two balls to briefly give Hales hope.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent run out by P Squire gave Hales the only other wicket as Swardeston completed a thoroughly deserved victory.
The Chedgrave White Horse man of the match award goes to Matthew Lovick, who was by far the pick of the bowlers and the only batsman to look comfortable.
- 1 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 2 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 3 Town's post office to close within a month
- 4 Man was found dead in wooded area after battle with alcoholism, inquest hears
- 5 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 6 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 7 Man admits voyeurism after filming people in bathrooms with hidden cameras
- 8 Mother’s ‘living hell’ after son dies despite 15 GP visits in under four months
- 9 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 10 Missing pregnant woman found