Heavy defeat for Hales
Hales suffered a heavy loss against Swardeston at home as the visitors romped to a seven-wicket victory.Hales lost the toss and were asked to bat on an unusually green wicket at Postwick.
Hales suffered a heavy loss against Swardeston at home as the visitors romped to a seven-wicket victory.
Hales lost the toss and were asked to bat on an unusually green wicket at Postwick. With the ball moving through the air and off the pitch, the Swardeston attack made full use of the conditions as they toiled away, offering few scoring opportunities.
The Hales batting line-up crumbled, with only Chris Andersen (14) and Ramsdale (14) making double figures in the top order. A combination of good bowling and poor batting left Hales in deep trouble but Lovick (23) Cornish (12) and Rowe (18 not out) made a spirited attempt to repair the damage as Hales limped to 131 all out in the 39th over.
In reply Swardeston managed to do everything that the Hales team didn't, as they showed good levels of concentration and picked the runs off one by one. Foster (30) and Ebbage (38) posted 59 for the first wicket and made a solid start, until Foster was removed by Lovick, who was by far the pick of the bowlers as he claimed two wickets in two balls to briefly give Hales hope.
You may also want to watch:
An excellent run out by P Squire gave Hales the only other wicket as Swardeston completed a thoroughly deserved victory.
The Chedgrave White Horse man of the match award goes to Matthew Lovick, who was by far the pick of the bowlers and the only batsman to look comfortable.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Tyres slashed on parked cars with damage caused overnight in Beccles