Herd lose to Panthers
HALES Herd lost to Beccles Panthers by six wickets in the Junior Carter Cup on Sunday. Beccles invited Hales to bat and removed danger man Chris Andersen early on.
HALES Herd lost to Beccles Panthers by six wickets in the Junior Carter Cup on Sunday.
Beccles invited Hales to bat and removed danger man Chris Andersen early on. Jonno Wright with a well-crafted 22, Montagu 26 and Tom Watts 22 saw Hales posted a modest 104.
Even four quick wickets didn't prevent a comfortable win to give Beccles a chance of making the last eight.
White Horse MoM: Tom Watts.
Hales Cricket Club held their second youth presentation barbeque on Monday where main club sponsor Derek Barnard of Barnard Sports presented awards sponsored by local firms.
Winners were Norwich Kitchen award, Tom Caston; Musker McIntyre award, Matthew Pike; Faber Roofing award, Jack Allison; Barnard Sports award, Cieron Warnes; Lim's Fish and Chips, James Kershaw; Norwich Kitchens award, Jamie Weston. Other awards went to Josh Etteridge, Kieron Hagen and Sam Ford.
- 1 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 2 Vital new community bus service launches to help isolated get out and about
- 3 Family fun day on town meadow hailed a hit
- 4 Hidden aspects of Beccles uncovered in new book
- 5 Have you seen artist's phenomenal sculptures made from cutlery?
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 7 of the prettiest cafes in Suffolk
- 8 Beccles school appoints new headteacher
- 9 Two children cause damage after throwing stones at vehicles
- 10 Former professional dressage rider died in four-vehicle motorcycle crash
The barbeque was prepared by Karen Knights and her team, for which the club was extremely grateful.
Monday night cricket continues until Monday, August 24.