Hot work for gym girls
FOUR gymnasts from Beccles Royales Gym Club endured a 100-mile journey on one of the hottest days of the year.
They entered a hot and sticky gym at Stevenage on Sunday but gave outstanding performances on all the four pieces of apparatus.
Holly Richardson, who only returned to gymnastics at the start of the year, was in the same age group 15/16 as her training partners, Claire Gasking and Daisy Tyrrell-Kent and gave them a good battle.
Daisy took the gold medal on bars, beam and floor with bronze on vault. Holly claimed the gold medal on the vault and bronze on bars, beam and floor. Claire, Miss Consistency, was silver medallist on all four pieces. Only 0.3 points separated their three vault scores, showing how closely matched they were.
Imogen Ogden, who trains with them but competed in the 11/12 age group, was up against 14 gymnasts from six other clubs and had a tougher battle. However, she grabbed gold medals on the floor and on the vault, and a bronze on the beam.
You may also want to watch:
Their coach, Alf Dyer, was very happy with their performances and pleased with their approach to the competition. He said: “They were aware of the few small errors they made and were able to put them behind them and move onto the next piece of apparatus. Their final piece was the floor where all four gymnasts had near faultless 13+ scores. I know they will work positively to eliminate them in future competitions.”
- 1 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 2 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 3 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 8 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price