Hotshot Eddie battles for England
Hotshot Eddie Graver did well for England at the Junior International Championships at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley. There were Juniors shooting rifle and pistol matches from as far afield as South Africa.
Hotshot Eddie Graver did well for England at the Junior International Championships at the National Shooting Centre at Bisley.
There were Juniors shooting rifle and pistol matches from as far afield as South Africa.
Eddie, 15. from Worlingham, shot in three different matches during the week but the main event was the air pistol match.
The Sir John Leman School pupil shot well all the way through the match, giving him a score which placed him fourth going into the final.
With the increased pressure of the final, Eddie kept his cool and held onto his fourth place amongst the other seven finalists, and in doing so was placed top English junior.
This was an excellent achievement considering he has only been pistol shooting for less than three years!
- 1 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 2 'Incredible turnout' as protesters demand River Waveney clean up
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with road temporarily closed for repair works
- 4 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
- 5 Fishing equipment stolen after thieves smash car window
- 6 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 7 5 of the best brewery tours in Suffolk
- 8 Queen's Jubilee celebration events aplenty to enjoy in Waveney
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 MP calls for investment for east coast rail lines
In September, Eddie has another two important competitions - the British Pistol Championships, again at Bisley and the Commonwealth Shooting Federation European Championships on The Isle of Man.
At both of these competitions he will be shooting for England again.