Hucks trains with Blues
FORMER Norwich City star Darren Huckerby's first-ever appearance at a Lowestoft Town training session has attracted national attention.The Daily Mail and Daily Star have run stories on the San Jose Earthquakes winger.
FORMER Norwich City star Darren Huckerby's first-ever appearance at a Lowestoft Town training session has attracted national attention.
The Daily Mail and Daily Star have run stories on the San Jose Earthquakes winger.
Having recently been named the MLS Newcomer of the Year, after scoring six goals in 14 games for the American outfit, Huckerby (pictured, centre) has left the California sunshine far behind - and swapped it for wearing gloves during a chilly Thursday training session in Lowestoft.
And speaking this week, after Hucks' appearance at training, Lowestoft's joint manager Micky Chapman said: “It was great to see him out there at training.
You may also want to watch:
“To have a player of that profile and quality training with our boys was fantastic. The boys were buzzing and the atmosphere at the club is top-drawer.”
“It was great in the dressing room anyway, but having Hucks there at training adds to it as well.
- 1 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 2 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 3 Can you match a nurse's daily step count?
- 4 'World’s highest qualified merchant seamen' dies aged 62
- 5 Elections 2021: Framlingham and Beccles by-election candidates published
- 6 'Magical' Southwold holidays inspire children's author's latest book
- 7 Thieves target boats on Broads and local rivers
- 8 How to pay your respects to Prince Philip around East Suffolk
- 9 Police called after large fight breaks out in Beccles
- 10 Elections 2021: Suffolk police commissioner candidates published
“There was a lot of banter flying about at the first session on Thursday, which was brilliant.
“But Hucks is a great lad, he's really easy-going just like Dave Carolan and Craig Fleming - they are real nice guys.
“Hucks is welcome to train with us at any time, and we will definitely benefit from having him training with us.”