Ian unlucky to fall at first hurdle
Beccles bowls ace Ian Catchpole lost narrowly in the first round of the National U25 Singles finals at the weekend. The final stages of the competition were held at Melton Mowbray last weekend where Ian lost to Stuart Holland from Preston.
Beccles bowls ace Ian Catchpole lost narrowly in the first round of the National U25 Singles finals at the weekend.
The final stages of the competition were held at Melton Mowbray last weekend where Catchpole lost to Stuart Holland from Preston.
Both players won one set each, which led to a three-end sudden death play-off which saw Catchpole edged out.
Tomorrow, Beccles are back in Denny Plate action when they play Wellingborough in the last 16. The match will be on a two rinks home and away basis, but because of the distance between the two venues the starting time will be 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Team- home: A Twomey, G Ramsbottom, B Harber, M Cole, G Catchpole, J Knights, S Cook, D Wood; wway: R Adams, C Moore, M Todd, J Catchpole, N Plant, A Clarke, I Catchpole, D Todd.
- 1 Three women in court charged with drug dealing offences in Bungay
- 2 New Suffolk 'get away from it all' glamping site go-ahead
- 3 Five level crossing close shaves in Norfolk and Waveney
- 4 Vulnerable man 'who couldn't cope in prison' spared jail
- 5 'A proper Beccles character' - Tributes to 'gentle' father and bike shop owner
- 6 Craft ale's #MeToo moment: Are breweries equal enough?
- 7 Grandmother killed in A143 crash while walking home with husband
- 8 Homes challenged to create their own wildflower biodiversity spots
- 9 Walk-in Covid vaccine clinic to be held in town pharmacy
- 10 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance