Ian unlucky to fall at first hurdle
Beccles bowls ace Ian Catchpole lost narrowly in the first round of the National U25 Singles finals at the weekend. The final stages of the competition were held at Melton Mowbray last weekend where Ian lost to Stuart Holland from Preston.
Beccles bowls ace Ian Catchpole lost narrowly in the first round of the National U25 Singles finals at the weekend.
The final stages of the competition were held at Melton Mowbray last weekend where Catchpole lost to Stuart Holland from Preston.
Both players won one set each, which led to a three-end sudden death play-off which saw Catchpole edged out.
Tomorrow, Beccles are back in Denny Plate action when they play Wellingborough in the last 16. The match will be on a two rinks home and away basis, but because of the distance between the two venues the starting time will be 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Team- home: A Twomey, G Ramsbottom, B Harber, M Cole, G Catchpole, J Knights, S Cook, D Wood; wway: R Adams, C Moore, M Todd, J Catchpole, N Plant, A Clarke, I Catchpole, D Todd.
- 1 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed
- 2 Mattresses among items dumped in East Suffolk countryside
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp near to popular park in Oulton Broad
- 4 Woman in 20s suffers serious leg injuries in late night crash
- 5 Four men arrested after teenager robbed
- 6 Private coastal school joins partnership to continue 'academic excellence'
- 7 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 8 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 9 Theatre group to put on Joseph show - 17 months after original date
- 10 New McDonald's restaurant to open with safety measures in place