Impressive results for Beccles & Bungay Harriers
- Credit: Archant
Sunday saw the first cross-country meeting of the 2014/2015 Suffolk Winter League set around the picturesque Castle Meadow, Framlingham.
Harriers put in some impressive results with all runners earning points.
The junior race for 11-16-year-olds was one loop of the course at 1.5 miles. First Harrier junior was Nicky Sparkes in 20th with a time of 9:53 followed by Lucy Emmett 26th, Izzy Woods 34th, Laurie Woods 41st, Grace Forster 56th, Cara Howe 61st, Holly Walker 82nd and Alice Collyer 86th.
The senior race for age 16+ consisted of three loops. First senior was Ben Walker in 44th followed by Tommie Williams 49th, Lynn Emmett 70th, Lauren Howe 72nd, Katey Oven 202nd, Judy Potter 285th, Becky White 290th and John White 291th.
The U11s took part in a 800m fun run with Nicholas Woods finishing sixth with a time of 2.29. Harriers are now looking forward to the next round in December at Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
For information about Harriers, who train at the Sports Pavillion Beccles on Tuesday/Thursday nights, contact Gary Howe 07761474313 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146
- 2 Global innovation award for farm that harnesses energy from cow muck
- 3 Plans for investment and upgraded facilities at Beccles Quay
- 4 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 5 Fire crews called to rural spot after horse found in ditch
- 6 Bungay Wave set to ripple through town in support of flooding victims
- 7 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
- 8 Laptop stolen from parked car in Beccles
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash