Impressive results for Beccles & Bungay Harriers
- Credit: Archant
Sunday saw the first cross-country meeting of the 2014/2015 Suffolk Winter League set around the picturesque Castle Meadow, Framlingham.
Harriers put in some impressive results with all runners earning points.
The junior race for 11-16-year-olds was one loop of the course at 1.5 miles. First Harrier junior was Nicky Sparkes in 20th with a time of 9:53 followed by Lucy Emmett 26th, Izzy Woods 34th, Laurie Woods 41st, Grace Forster 56th, Cara Howe 61st, Holly Walker 82nd and Alice Collyer 86th.
The senior race for age 16+ consisted of three loops. First senior was Ben Walker in 44th followed by Tommie Williams 49th, Lynn Emmett 70th, Lauren Howe 72nd, Katey Oven 202nd, Judy Potter 285th, Becky White 290th and John White 291th.
The U11s took part in a 800m fun run with Nicholas Woods finishing sixth with a time of 2.29. Harriers are now looking forward to the next round in December at Woodbridge.
You may also want to watch:
For information about Harriers, who train at the Sports Pavillion Beccles on Tuesday/Thursday nights, contact Gary Howe 07761474313 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 4 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 5 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 8 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 9 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 10 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom