Improvement is clear from Loddon’s win
Loddon II 1, Evergreens II 0
HOCKEY: Loddon finally fielded their strongest second team without players having to step up to the first team.
With Loddon playing an attacking formation they took the game to Evergreens right from the start.
Several plays fell short at the goal line and only the experienced defence of the Evergreens thwarted the young forwards.
Most of Evergreens’ attempts to push out of their own half were met by a solid midfield and those rare attacks were easily dealt with. Loddon’s keeper only touched the ball twice.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, the pressure told and Charlotte Harvey bundled the ball into the goal.
The second half was more of the same but neither side managed to increase the score.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 3 Let's staycation in...Beccles
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 6 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Youngsters prepare to take to the stage for debut performance
Again the defence had the game under control and the keepers’ major worry was keeping warm.
Earlier in the season Loddon lost heavily to Evergreens and this result showed what improvements have been made over the past year.
Player of the match went to Charlotte but a special mention to Claire, Chelsea and Jules.