Improvement is clear from Loddon’s win
Loddon II 1, Evergreens II 0
HOCKEY: Loddon finally fielded their strongest second team without players having to step up to the first team.
With Loddon playing an attacking formation they took the game to Evergreens right from the start.
Several plays fell short at the goal line and only the experienced defence of the Evergreens thwarted the young forwards.
Most of Evergreens’ attempts to push out of their own half were met by a solid midfield and those rare attacks were easily dealt with. Loddon’s keeper only touched the ball twice.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, the pressure told and Charlotte Harvey bundled the ball into the goal.
The second half was more of the same but neither side managed to increase the score.
- 1 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 2 Bid for 40 new homes meets fresh opposition
- 3 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 4 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 5 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 6 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 7 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Anger as trees felled on common as part of 'management plan'
- 10 'Greedy' burglars who targeted community facilities in £122,000 crime spree are jailed
Again the defence had the game under control and the keepers’ major worry was keeping warm.
Earlier in the season Loddon lost heavily to Evergreens and this result showed what improvements have been made over the past year.
Player of the match went to Charlotte but a special mention to Claire, Chelsea and Jules.