In memory of Joanne
THE annual Joanne Lockwood charity football match between Gorleston and Bungay takes place Sunday.Now in its sixth year, the game originated as a memorial to Joanne Lockwood, who died suddenly aged 32, leaving a husband and young son Josh.
THE annual Joanne Lockwood charity football match between Gorleston and Bungay takes place Sunday.
Now in its sixth year, the game originated as a memorial to Joanne Lockwood, who died suddenly aged 32, leaving a husband and young son Josh.
Due to her ties with Gorleston, and her husband's with Bungay, a football match has been held yearly between the two sides, raising nearly �4,000 for the British Heart Foundation.
This year will see Gorleston Old Boys team featuring Robert Fleck, Martie Hubble and Carl Butle and bar manager Kenny Phillpot.
You may also want to watch:
The match kicks off 11 am at The Maltings, Bungay.
- 1 Is this your Range Rover? - Police seize vehicles and cash in raid
- 2 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 'On top of the world' - Joy as shops new and old reopen in Beccles
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 Picturesque Bungay retirement home officially Grade II listed
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings