It’s mighty close at top of table tennis league
Following the latest round of fixtures in the Beccles and District Table Tennis League, there are now just 15 points between the top five.
Hales Gnats hold a one-point lead at the top after drawing 5-5 with Hales Eagles. Stuart Purling won two singles matches for Eagles and then teamed up with Steve Webster to win the crucial doubles which secured the draw. Oly Howes won three matches and Gordon Howes won two matches for Gnats.
In a very close encounter, five matches went to four legs and the deciding doubles match went to deuce in the fifth leg before Eagles won it.
Hales Ants beat Framingham Nutters 8-2 to remain close on Gnats’ heels in second place. Ian Brown won all three singles matches for Ants and Adrian Key and Mike Smith won two matches each although Adrian came back from two legs down to win in five legs against Richard Herne.
Framingham Gull are joint third after a 10-0 win over Barnby and North Cove New Boys. Anthony Hewkin, George Hewkin and Rob Pennell won all their matches, although Anthony was taken to a fourth leg by Lester Borrett.
You may also want to watch:
Hales New Bees joined Gull in joint third following a 9-1 win over Framingham Magpies.
Chris Trindall and Luke Glaysher won all their singles matches and also won the doubles, including a very close third leg which they won 20-18.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 2 Diversions in place as water main works take place in Loddon
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Special woodland event to remember those we have lost
- 5 Stunning swan photo shot in Norfolk gains national recognition
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 8 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 9 New Toolstation store opens in Beccles
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
Ryan Sampson won two matches for New Bees.