It's Southwold FC once again
SOLE Bay United FC (senior section) held their annual presentation night at the Southwold Sports Pavilion.Awards: first XI manager's player of the year Stephen Goodchild, players' player Zak Julings, reserves manager's player Michael Marjoram, reserves players' player Chris Day, top goalscorer Dan Andrews.
SOLE Bay United FC (senior section) held their annual presentation night at the Southwold Sports Pavilion.
Awards: first XI manager's player of the year Stephen Goodchild, players' player Zak Julings, reserves manager's player Michael Marjoram, reserves players' player Chris Day, top goalscorer Dan Andrews.
Young player of the year (joint) Michael Marjoram and Josh Freeman, most improved player Ben Cook, clubman of the year Linda Palmer, presidents cup (joint) Sean Peck and Les Marjoram.
Special thanks to Peter and Annette Mace, Linda and Stephen Palmer, Sally Freeman, Mel Peck and everyone who helped made the evening such a success.
You may also want to watch:
The well-attended annual meeting welcomed Simon Tobin and Robbie Dawson on to the committee.
Robbie is the new reserves manager with the first XI manager's position under negotiation.
- 1 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 2 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 3 Police investigate Southwold sign swearing at visitors to stay away
- 4 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 5 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 6 Roundabout memorial bid for the 'Ole Chicken Man of Bungay'
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 10 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
Thanks were expressed to all the sponsors - Adnams, Waveney Insurance Brokers, A D Pope (motor engineers), Munchies Trinity Tea Rooms, Burrows and Watson, Duncan and Son, Norton Peskett, Acanteus, Halford Wetmore.
The main item was the large majority vote to return to using the Southwold Town Football Club name.
While still fully behind the football development project at Reydon, it was felt that the difficult situation that the Sole Bay seniors have been facing for a while could only be solved by reverting to the Southwold name and running Southwold Town as a separate club, while still retaining the good relations and close contact with Reydon.
Training starts on July 1, new players welcome. Contact chairman Richard Pope 07854 617466.
Following Richard Pope's successful interview on Blyth Valley Radio, Southwold Town's results through the 2010/11 season will be broadcast on Blyth Valley Radio.
Diary date: Thursday, July 22 or Thursday, July 29 (confirmation awaited), Ipswich Town FC U18 v Southwold Town FC, 6.30pm on the common.
Barbecue and bar available, all welcome.