Juniors steal show for Bungay Black Dogs
- Credit: Archant
A number of Bungay Black Dog Running Club juniors have been taking part in the qualifying rounds for the Anglia Schools Cross Country Championships held at Boston.
In the year seven age group, Ellen Lockhart had run really well in the penultimate qualifying round narrowly missing a place in the finals squad, but Holly Bunn, Reuben Andrews and Joseph Smith were in the qualifying top 12, winning through to represent Norfolk Schools.
The young BBDRC athletes all ran a fine race in tough windy conditions, with Reuben finishing 18th, Holly 38th and Joseph 63rd.
Earlier in the week the year five age group took their turn at the Norfolk Schools Cross Country Championships with Tess Andrews winning a bronze medal, Harry Smith finishing 17th and Ruby Potruff 28th.
At Lee Valley Athletics Centre, 12-year-old Zoe Powers was competing in the Eastern Counties Athletics Championships, winning gold in the shot for her age group.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, three official and one unofficial Black Dogs were in Essex for the Great Bentley Half Marathon on Sunday.
Shaun Button, Tom Pullinger (1:35.00) and Doug Gladwin (2:13.23) ran the race while Ian Taylor (1:50) covered the course unofficially a little after the race.
- 1 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 2 Man dies in industrial incident at plastics factory
- 3 The community hub bringing the heart of Beccles together
- 4 Honda motorbike stolen in overnight theft in Bungay
- 5 Toolstation opens new store in Beccles
- 6 Free October half term events around Beccles and Bungay
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 9 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
- 10 Woman's body found at Loddon home
In very windy conditions, Shaun was the first of them home. Targeting a time of around 1.32, he finished 113th of 706 in a new personal best time of 1:31.45 (previous best was 1:35.46).
He reported a very well organised race over a very scenic route and “a big selection of cakes at the end”.